Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
robmandel

lo-pro reels:

high end - revo inshore. light, stronger than shit, huge drag, great reel. fished them a few times. love them. too rich for my wallet!! comes with carbon fiber drags, need to grease them.

mid end: daiwa coastal inshore. love mine. upgraded drags to greased carbon.

personally, I'd take either over a new curado. even the older ones.

round reels:

mid end: abu record. it's my main reel for throwing slugs. again, comes with CF drags, just need grease.

high end: daiwa luna. absolutely awesome reel. super strong, smooth, etc.

probably guess I'm not a real big shimmy guy. I'd personally take the above over them. either way load with spectra, 30-40 for the lo-pro, 50-65 for the round. fish with short top shot, 3-4 ft of flouro.

I did see the okuma line in LB. looks very nice. very nice indeed. they have a new inshore lo-pro that is supposed to be tits. wish I had need and money!!

rods...

there's so many good ones to choose from. check out the turners california calico rods. I have several, love them. great deal. terramar is a good rod too. if you're feeling rich, phoenix rods are the shiznit. sorry about lack of model numbers.

guess it all depends on how much cash you got to spend.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
jbaker

check out lew's reels. I haven't fished one yet but I played with one in a shop last week. It was pretty nice and the price is pretty good I was looking at the speed spool for $99. felt pretty solid to me.
jbaker is offline   Reply With Quote