Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
sdfishin..alex
Banned

la jolla report

went to lj in the got there at 6 to really high tide and intense surf...so i waited to see if they would calm down..while i was waiting a fellow yaker showed up cbad mike...we watched the waves for a while and two other yakers launched made it look easy...so i unloaded....launched 2 times first time mirage drive gets stuck in sand the starp that holds it up came loose...second time i went out but got hit by a wave and got soaked all the way down to my legs im sick on top of it all....i had waders on but forgot to secure the top so i said forget it ima head home play some video games call of duty if u wanna know...so i get home wife and daughters are still asleep its 8 by this time so im looking at the launch and its calmed down alot so i told my wife im heading back out get back to launch at 1030 with some dry clothes and ready to get on the water thinking to myself the fishing gods better hook me up since its my 3rd time launching...so i get out fine no problems at all...so i get past the reseve and think of the game plan yoyo around looking for a so im yoyo n catching buch of macks so i pin one on a dropper loop withing 2 min i get slammed im like hell yeah its gna b a good day on the water for 30 min already hooked up so im fighting this fish for bout 5 min hook pops bummer oh well missed my only chance for the day so i thought pin on another mack and drop her down id say 20 min reel goes off agian and its on getting towed around for a while and i pull up this bad boy not sure how big he is but its my first bsb....got that bad boy revived and off to the bottom he went...srry if theres any errors on the report had a looong day........................tight lines alex
Attached Images

sdfishin..alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #2
MattRabasco

Good catch and fun day. If you fish long enough in LJ you will end up hating BSB..Sometimes they will kick your butt both on the fight and on the release! Good luck finding that yellowtail.
MattRabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:07 PM   #3
mtnbykr2

way to keep at it on the launch, and the mojo for the cnr bsb...worth it all, plus you got to be towed around a bit for the same price, I would say that's a great day right there...
Old 01-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #4
sdfishin..alex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbykr2 View Post
way to keep at it on the launch, and the mojo for the cnr bsb...worth it all, plus you got to be towed around a bit for the same price, I would say that's a great day right there...
it was a great day indeed pulling on that beast made up for the ruff morning
Old 01-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #5
Deamon

Nice second wind and great catch! What a beautiful fish.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #6
JeffB

Cool! I saw you out there. I told Kram that I just knew it was you.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #7
sdfishin..alex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffB View Post
Cool! I saw you out there. I told Kram that I just knew it was you.
where u guys on the water? yeah i been hitting lj up alot lately...we kneed to hit up lj when you get a chance
Old 01-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #8
janines.fishtales@cox.net

LJ

Ok guys, my New Year's resolution is to catch a YT on my kayak. I am so apprehensive about a surf launch but I wanna try! If you don't mind some company, let me know next time you are thinking LJ. I have no idea how to prepare the yak, but I'm sure I can figure it out with a little help! Nice day out there Alex.

Janine
janines.fishtales@cox.net is offline   Reply With Quote