Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2011, 06:40 PM   #1
superpoly76
Junior

Hobie warranty question??

I have a Hobie livewell that I won in a tournament 2 years ago. Today while I was getting it ready for an upcomming trip down south to I noticed that the horizontal seam that goes around it has become slightly seperated causing leakage. I want to know if anyone has had this problem and how does the Hobie warranty work in my situation?? Also the hole has been "moved" to accomidate the scuppers on my Ocean Kayak.

Is an epoxy solution is in my future

Brian
superpoly76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:36 AM   #2
sandydiego
Rum Pirate

Give Hobie a call. They are good guys and will treat you fair. They might just sell you the replacement tank if that's all you need.

You can try to melt the seam back together using a screwdriver. Heat the screw driver with a torch and then use the hot tip to melt the plastic joint together. Repeat process until seam is rejoined. Start with a lower temp on the driver tip and increase the temp till you get the results you need. Good luck.
sandydiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:31 PM   #3
Billy V

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpoly76 View Post
I have a Hobie livewell that I won in a tournament 2 years ago. Today while I was getting it ready for an upcomming trip down south to I noticed that the horizontal seam that goes around it has become slightly separated causing leakage. I want to know if anyone has had this problem and how does the Hobie warranty work in my situation?? Also the hole has been "moved" to accomidate the scuppers on my Ocean Kayak.

Is an epoxy solution is in my future

Brian
Are you saying you cut another hole in the bottom of the Hobie live well to fit the scupper pattern on your Ocean Kayak - in addition to a seam that was separating ?

If you modified the tank they may not be so quick to warranty it for a replacement.

You're going to have to ask a Hobie dealer the question.

Good Luck