Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 02-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
ctrujillo

elite 4 dsi

any one use one or any dsi unit?
ctrujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:25 AM   #2
T Bone

I did a LOT of research and decided that it wasnt going to be Ideal for me.They have a sharp pic but dont show things other lower frequency color sonars do like different colors for a harder signal return.The Elite DSI's are Monochrome although you can pick from several colors.
I chose the Elite 4X,which is priced at $169.The thing is insane for the $$$.This is my third FF.I had a X67(lowrances first econo-color sounder)it got stolen off the Islander.Then I had a Cuda 250.If I has rolling in benjamin's I would have an HDS5 but with four kids and a being a carpenter in this economy thats just not going to happen.This unit has 2100 watts peak to peak compared with my old X67's 800watts.I would lose bottom over the canyon and didnt always have the power to take advantage of 200khz sharpness and detail.It is also MUCH brighter.This unit will be be a huge improvement.Notice how the bottom is a defined brown(I think its called bottom view)very cool.I have to rewire my entire kayak because everything is corroded but it will be OTW soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FF 004.jpg (43.2 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg FF 006.jpg (44.8 KB, 54 views)

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
T Bone is offline   Reply With Quote