Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 05-29-2018, 09:39 AM   #1
flyfishinsteve64

Send a message via Yahoo to flyfishinsteve64
Fly Fishin Baja sur

Bucket list trip. Leaving San Diego 6-7-18 thru 6-28-18. I have never driven all the way to Cabo in over 30 yrs. of fishin Baja so here we go. I plan to b-line it to La Paz and start fishin there and work my around Cabo in a clockwise manner. I have a lot of interest in the East Cape area but It looks like a bunch of expensive hotels and not much camping around but I will look around see what I can find. Santo Tomas area seems much the same. So then it will be on to Mag Bay. I have only fished the very upper parts of May Bay and it was great. There's not much info on Mag Bay it seems not many of us have fished it.

So if you have any hot tips on Restaurants, camping spots or must see or must fish spots or you what to meet up and fish, let me know. Sounds like mex. 1 is in excellent shape.

I will write a report when I get back.
Steve
flyfishinsteve64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 10:54 AM   #2
Ggiannig89

Freakin awesome man! This is one of my bucket list trips as well.
Ggiannig89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 12:20 PM   #3
YakDout
Brandon

Fly Fishin Baja sur

Id definitely slow down for the area between mulege and bahia concepcion not only for the Fishing but for the scenery as well. Punta Chivato is in between those towns and is one of the coolest places I’ve been to in baja. Santa Rosalia has some pretty cool architecture and a really good bakery. Hotel serenidad in muleje is a great cheaper place to stay if you decide to to break up the drive a little further north. Nice pool, and strong fishbowl margaritas. We’ve taken them whole dorado and come back the next night for awesome fish tacos prepared at the restaurant. Im envious of your intended trip for sure.
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 02:02 PM   #4
flyfishinsteve64

Been there done that;-) Thanks for the reply YakDout

Steve
Old 05-29-2018, 02:14 PM   #5
flyfishinsteve64

Just to be clear. I have fished the sea of Cortez side down to Loreto and most all in between and the pacific side down to the upper parts of Mag bay. I have not gone out to Bahia Tortugas on the pacific side but most places in between.
Old 05-29-2018, 02:45 PM   #6
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishinsteve64 View Post
Just to be clear. I have fished the sea of Cortez side down to Loreto and most all in between and the pacific side down to the upper parts of Mag bay. I have not gone out to Bahia Tortugas on the pacific side but most places in between.
Steve, I would say you have fished the Best so now you will fish the Rest. But that is not true. There is some GREAT spots to be found in the areas you will be fishing, enjoy. I will however tell you that 5 years in a row we have taken Roosterfish at over 50 pounds in mako-ville in OCTOBER. So if you can, JOIN us there this year. Yes this is a personal, public invite amigo. Tight Lines.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 03:03 PM   #7
flyfishinsteve64

Thanks for the invite Bob. I plan to hit your area again soon. I have a van to camp in now but they don't have ultra low sulfer Diesel past 500 miles down as I'm sure you know. So I'm limited to northern Baja with the Van. This trip is a bucket list trip. I need to get this done before the body of mine gets worse. Did you make it down to Mako-ville this last weekend?
I didn't see a post from you. I hope everything is healing well for you Bob.

Bob you sure have turn a lot of guy's into Baja fanatics and that's awesome. Looking forward to fishin with you guy's. We need to do Mag Bay as well.

Steve now I see your post :-)
Old 05-29-2018, 06:05 PM   #8
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishinsteve64 View Post
Thanks for the invite Bob. I plan to hit your area again soon. I have a van to camp in now but they don't have ultra low sulfer Diesel past 500 miles down as I'm sure you know. So I'm limited to northern Baja with the Van. This trip is a bucket list trip. I need to get this done before the body of mine gets worse. Did you make it down to Mako-ville this last weekend?
I didn't see a post from you. I hope everything is healing well for you Bob.

Bob you sure have turn a lot of guy's into Baja fanatics and that's awesome. Looking forward to fishin with you guy's. We need to do Mag Bay as well.

Steve now I see your post :-)
Yep Mag bay is still on MY hit list. Jesus Maria is the last ULSD, for now. Fill up there and get to Asunsion and back safely. Going further you need to take extra 5 gallon containers. I usually get 19 miles a gallon so just less then 100 miles to the gas can. Tight Lines and have a GREAT TRIP amigo.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote