Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2014, 06:39 AM   #1
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

La jolla 8-9

Paying dues. .... no yellowtail but still fun times and experience for my first time there. Launch was easy, bait was easy, only got jacked once by the dogs, then battery died, and bait started dying so i threw a bunch back. Every time i saw bait jumping out of the water i would start throwing the iron or waxwing in that direction. Called it a day at 1400, dreading the 1 1/2 hour drive back. Lessons learned, charge battery more than five hours, head farther south along the kelp and bring more than 2 sibiki just in case, and p line sibiki suck. Other than a bunch of Spanish mac, i caught a few short 12 inch calico on the lucanus jig. I'll get my rat next time. Tight lines, cheers! Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1407767928278.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  51.4 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1407767949533.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  19.0 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1407767968903.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  34.2 KB
Old 08-11-2014, 08:03 AM   #2
SLYACKER

Took me about 8 trip to LJ ti catch my first yellow but the great thing about it is that EVERY time iv been there iv learned something valuable! Great place to fish
SLYACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:14 PM   #3
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Right on, it's much different than Newport, that's for sure. Looks like I'll have someone to fish with next time, so maybe team work will increase the odds of a yellowtail.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:31 PM   #4
FISH11

Every trip out of La Jolla is a great learning experience. Some, are just more fun or more productive than others. I don't even bother with getting rock fish on the trips that I can't find yellows. I have gotten to the point that just the time on the water with the sights that La Jolla offers, and a six pack of beer, is enough to make every trip there, a special one. I've hooked quite a few that I wasn't able to land and each one taught me something new. I feel blessed to live withing 1 hour such a magical place, and once you drive there is no added cost on a kayak and it's a great work out. It's the best place I have found to relax.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:37 PM   #5
Widgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH11 View Post
Every trip out of La Jolla is a great learning experience. Some, are just more fun or more productive than others. I don't even bother with getting rock fish on the trips that I can't find yellows. I have gotten to the point that just the time on the water with the sights that La Jolla offers, and a six pack of beer, is enough to make every trip there, a special one. I've hooked quite a few that I wasn't able to land and each one taught me something new. I feel blessed to live withing 1 hour such a magical place, and once you drive there is no added cost on a kayak and it's a great work out. It's the best place I have found to relax.
Excellent outlook.
I learn something new every time I get out there as well.
Just learned from you that I need to bring ( or keep forgetting) a 6 pack.
Widgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:56 PM   #6
lamb

Sounds like a cool trip to me.
Nothing like living it.
Sure it's learned the best by doing.

The problem is time.
We all jiggle all sort of things - families, work, happy events, problems...
It takes some serious drive to manage to squeeze fishing in there as well.
I take it as a therapy too.

Now is the time.
It's beautiful out there.
Some calm days,
lotta life.
Plenty o' fish -
yours is waiting for you
Be safe