Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 03-18-2015, 03:43 PM   #81
TJones

WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznronin View Post
Whenever I run into a newb like you guys at county I always try to help them if they have a good attitude and vibe. Ask guys like Roku for example. He's on this forum and other guys to. But they are like you guys above talking smack before you even experience it. Then your stinking attitude gets you stinking attitude back. there's a reason why some of the old timers that have been fishing that area for up to over 20 years don't welcome some people with open arms. It's not just the big mouths but the stupid attitudes like the comments above from guys that only fish when catching is easy and act like their name if ducking Neptune. That is all!
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 05:30 PM   #82
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfishturds View Post
This site was awesome back in the day. But when the local San Diego guys stopped posting and the L.A kooks took over, it brought a tear to my eye. Sorry if my opinion angers anyone, but it's just an opinion.
I don't recall anyone coming on this site and saying, 'Get out! We're taking over!'. If they did you're a sissy for running. Not looking to pick a fight with anyone but if internet bashing is going to piss you off enough so that you stop posting you've got some serious issues, grow a pair and stand your ground. Stop acting like a bunch of high school girls, act your age and you'll get along just fine.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 05:54 PM   #83
Bert Vega
Tail Chaser!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (37.2 KB, 138 views)
Old 03-18-2015, 06:38 PM   #84
momo fish

To funny!!

Now be honest.. Do you envy him for fitting so much stuff on his bike? Wonder what his kayak would look like 😂

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredantz View Post
last time i saw him, someone took off his bicycle wheel for mentioning WSB and Malibu in the same sentence.
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 06:40 PM   #85
bubblehide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
I don't recall anyone coming on this site and saying, 'Get out! We're taking over!'. If they did you're a sissy for running. Not looking to pick a fight with anyone but if internet bashing is going to piss you off enough so that you stop posting you've got some serious issues, grow a pair and stand your ground. Stop acting like a bunch of high school girls, act your age and you'll get along just fine.

Have you looked at his post count? His join date? Or any of his other posts?
bubblehide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:54 AM   #86
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblehide View Post
Have you looked at his post count? His join date? Or any of his other posts?
You mean like this?

Post 1. Says Malibu is dangerous with "winds between 50 and 90 mph" and Newbies should not fish there.

Post 2. (new thread) Tells people not to talk about Malibu, then posts a series of personal attacks towards someone that did which were ultimately removed (edited by BWE; 06-19-2011 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Cleaned up offensive stuff)

Post 3. Links to the same series of offensive personal attacks directed at the same person reposted on another board (Jason Morton's "Kayaksportfishing") where they could not be edited by BWE.

Post 4. A post defending his right to attack the same poster based on ridiculous claims about the posters web history.

Post 5. A post attacking the same poster... claims that the poster "exposes bites" that people hate it and that it's "harmful to the fishery". Joined by "Klutz" (first post, new account) who says: "Just do to the fact that you keyboardaholics would respond to this stupid post in the first place,makes you look like whining babies ,shut up and quit crying bout your past " (thread closed by BWE)

Post 6. (new tread) An offtopic rant (the thread is about the webcam) claims that sharing info online ruins fishing. Says he doesn't participate on boards by choice. Brings up Jason Morton's "Kayaksportfishing", Sato's "Baytubers" and BWE and says that people who openly post info on open boards are doing the fishery a disservice and that those the use the boards for info are selfish leaches. quote "Only the most selfish type person would want some one to do the work for them"

Post 7. (same thread) Claims that sharing info creates "parking lot" conditions and people who share info are "..... trying to create a frenzy of over crowding"

Post 8. (same thread) Justifies his above attacks

Post 9. (new thread) Attacks a regular poster for posting a halibut catch video and suggests that he's a legend in his own mind.

Post 10. (same thread) Compares current posters to older kayak dudes and says the new posters are simply: "strangers posting reports and opinions" and that they need to think about how much they "participate" online.

Post 11. (same thread) continues with the "my old time kayak friends are better fishermen than you guys" theme.

Post 12. (same thread) calls The Original poster a "namecaller"

Post 13. Tells a Newbie that he's going to get fined a $1000 for mistaking a Cabazon for a Sculpin.

Post 14. Gripes about the unfairness of West Coast Whoppers.

Post 15. Attacks a poster who criticizes the small minded negative locals only mentality, and who thanks BWE for allowing people to share info. (post removed by BWE)

Post 16. (Same thread) Attacks BWE for censorship, defends the right to attack others, says: "Your members are men, if some people are bullying them, they can stand up for themselves." Says all points of view are worth reading, and decries the process of banning negative posters.

Post 17. This ones a good one, someone posted about a 40lb fish caught at Malibu (epic county line bite) others asked about it and he tells them to go elsewhere. quote: "Why would they bother driving 3 hours to Malibu? With white sea bass being caught from Punta Baja to Monterey,Ca. Seems pointless..."

Post 18. (same thread) Attacks a poster for suggesting Malibu is worth fishing, directs others to fish Redondo.

Post 19. (same thread) Says the good areas in Malibu are closed.

Post 20. A regular long term poster puts up a report then asks for some current info, he blasts them.

Post 21. Tells a poster he doesn't know how to fish.

Post 22. Blasts a LJ yellow report, says reports here are ruining fishing.

It just goes on and on....

After that you have maybe dozen or more posts (38 total) all on this same basic theme: Don't fish Malibu, don't share info, and that he has the right to attack people who do, and that it was better in the good old days when just he and his buddies kayak fished, and that the internet has ruined fishing. Klutz his alter ego joins in to add a few of the real nasty comments, but that's probably just him using more then one account. This has been going on for over half a decade, and when you consider the vandalism, and the actual personal altercations that have happened at launch sites in Malibu during the same time frame and it's pretty clear who this person is and what their agenda is.

The Irony is this guy is not even a real Malibu resident just someone who's fished there for a long time and now feels somehow entitled. The sad thing is it's poisoned the well for so many fisherman in regards to Malibu, which is honestly one of the coolest local areas to fish, and an area that technically belongs to every one of us.

Last edited by Fiskadoro; 03-19-2015 at 08:20 AM.
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:20 AM   #87
jorluivil

Jim, sometimes I really enjoy reading your post.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:37 AM   #88
momo fish

Well said Jim!

The irony is the same people that complain about fishing forums (intended to promote and share in a community setting) are the same people that LURK and are on the site the most... That my friend is one definition of delusional..

The more I fish elsewhere the more I love Malibu.. I have met and made many friends just by chatting at the launch or on the water.. A simple hello, or help to load kayaks goes a long way.. Heck even get a helping hand from the local surfers when I'm solo..
Old 03-19-2015, 08:40 AM   #89
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Welcome to the club Momo. I take it you made lots of enemies.

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:50 AM   #90
ful-rac
Emperor

That's some investigative reporting there....I just want to know who these
"LA kooks" are...I'd like to give those guys a piece of my mind. Those LA kooks sound like a bunch of jerks!
Old 03-19-2015, 08:52 AM   #91
jruiz
Large Member

Dennis Spike with a kayak fishing record 75# white sea bass in May 2000 off the Malibu coast. The big croaker was 2" shy of 5 feet with a 32" waist.
jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:52 AM   #92
wiredantz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
That's some investigative reporting there....I just want to know who these
"LA kooks" are...I'd like to give those guys a piece of my mind. Those LA kooks sound like a bunch of jerks!
well their obviously talking about Team Sewer

You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
Old 03-19-2015, 08:54 AM   #93
wiredantz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jruiz View Post

Dennis Spike with a kayak fishing record 75# white sea bass in May 2000 off the Malibu coast. The big croaker was 2" shy of 5 feet with a 32" waist.
how dare you post a picture of someone elses fish! now your in the club 2!

Old 03-19-2015, 08:55 AM   #94
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people, started asking questions not knowing where the launch was, and now we'll just keep on asking it forever just because..............this is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends. ..........................
Old 03-19-2015, 09:05 AM   #95
momo fish

Me? Oddly enough just one who I have never met nor knows me..

Heck I helped you once launch during the wsb bite.. I was just amazed so much can be done on a kayak and watched in awe as you took off.. Friendly chat for a newbie and appreciated the tips you provided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredantz View Post
Welcome to the club Momo. I take it you made lots of enemies.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:25 AM   #96
wiredantz

If the locals like you as much as they like me, you have to tell me your secret!

Old 03-19-2015, 08:34 PM   #97
bubblehide

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfishturds View Post
This site was awesome back in the day. But when the local San Diego guys stopped posting and the L.A kooks took over, it brought a tear to my eye. Sorry if my opinion angers anyone, but it's just an opinion.

Yeah, your entitled to your opinion, after all, so many have sacraficed so much, so you can have that right.

But hey, if I ever see you at the launch, I'll offer to help unload or load your yak; that's just the type of guy I am.
bubblehide is offline   Reply With Quote