Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2014, 07:22 PM   #41
jorluivil

Wow!

I absolutely love the support that I'm getting, you guys rock!!!

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:28 PM   #42
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwendt23 View Post
It was a fun event and I am glad i got to meet a lot of you out there. Congrats to all the winners.
To the winners and whiners!!!!
Old 09-08-2014, 09:50 PM   #43
kayakfisherman

Jim,

I got say, great pic and I'm so jealous of that halibut.

I stared and stared at that thing. Congrats on second biggest
fish!
kayakfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:54 AM   #44
Deamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakfisherman View Post
Congrats on second biggest
fish!
Thank you Yanni, got him on my largest greenie in the tank. But I must give credit where credit is due...Cbad Mike told me about a large butt he lost at gaff a couple of days prior to the tourney. I was like:

"bummer brotha, how was the surf?...was it easy to catch bait? anyone else out there? did the yellows show up? WHERE EXACTLY DID YOU HOOK THIS FISH PAL?"

Boom, game plan was in place. THANK YOU MIKE! Hahahahahahaha!!!!

Jim
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:34 AM   #45
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

A big thank you to all involved with the folks involved in organizing this worthwhile tournament. Looking forward to the next one when we can put over 100 yak anglers on the water.
I got there fairly early and was on the water a little before 4 am. I had been warned that I should get my bait before heading to the NW corner. Unfortunately I didn't heed those warnings. I had some squid with me and tipped my sabiki with bits of squid but had a struggle getting acceptable bait all morning. Lots of monster macs but very few of the size I like to fish with.
Most of my action came early. The first activity was on a whole squid on a dropper. I felt a little extra weight and reeled in a lobster easily with a 6 inch shell. No gage needed to measure this one. Was not actually hooked but just had himself wrapped around my squid. Released.
A few minutes later I had a Shearwater climb on my yak. These are the short winged black looking sea birds that usually fly fairly close to the water. They will raft up over squid beds. This guy just jumped on my yak and took a tour of my deck. Climbing over my legs and paddle until he found some squid scraps in my footwell . He chowed down and moved on.
At about sunrise I had a spot of yellows popped up about 50 ft to my starboard. Threw a Megabait in the middle of them and hooked up with about a 10 lb rat. I released it since I figured it would not be in the running at the end of the day.
That was my action for the day other than feeding the ubiquitous fur bags on a regular basis.
Again; nicely done on the organization of this event and look forward to helping out with this worthy cause in the future.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:47 AM   #46
ful-rac
Emperor

Yeah great cause! Hopefully we will find more support in future events. I uploaded a video yesterday but i had to make a few changes and correct a misphelling....

As soon as i get the new version uploaded i will post'er up!
Old 09-09-2014, 11:28 AM   #47
GregAndrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossman View Post
A big thank you to all involved with the folks involved in organizing this worthwhile tournament. Looking forward to the next one when we can put over 100 yak anglers on the water.
I got there fairly early and was on the water a little before 4 am. I had been warned that I should get my bait before heading to the NW corner. Unfortunately I didn't heed those warnings. I had some squid with me and tipped my sabiki with bits of squid but had a struggle getting acceptable bait all morning. Lots of monster macs but very few of the size I like to fish with.
Most of my action came early. The first activity was on a whole squid on a dropper. I felt a little extra weight and reeled in a lobster easily with a 6 inch shell. No gage needed to measure this one. Was not actually hooked but just had himself wrapped around my squid. Released.
A few minutes later I had a Shearwater climb on my yak. These are the short winged black looking sea birds that usually fly fairly close to the water. They will raft up over squid beds. This guy just jumped on my yak and took a tour of my deck. Climbing over my legs and paddle until he found some squid scraps in my footwell . He chowed down and moved on.
At about sunrise I had a spot of yellows popped up about 50 ft to my starboard. Threw a Megabait in the middle of them and hooked up with about a 10 lb rat. I released it since I figured it would not be in the running at the end of the day.
That was my action for the day other than feeding the ubiquitous fur bags on a regular basis.
Again; nicely done on the organization of this event and look forward to helping out with this worthy cause in the future.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Those are the days I live for Ross. Things you get to see and be part of only because you fish from a kayak.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote