Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 03-18-2018, 04:43 PM   #1
Milad Marrone

Raymarine Dragonfly UPDATE

As promised, I'd show you guys the final result of the installation. The wires are super clean and zip-tied together which makes for easy insertion of my game bag in the center hatch. The Dragonfly's display is amazing, and the clarity/detail is unrivaled. Also got some stickers cause my boat was looking super boring. Also requested, was a test on the battery life of the Nocqua 10.0 Ah batter. I will get that done in the near future because I absolutely cannot wait to test out the unit as a whole. If you have any other questions about the Dragonfly 7 Pro, leave me a comment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0315.jpg (71.5 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0312.jpg (64.3 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0308.jpg (75.0 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0311.jpg (80.0 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0310.jpg (86.6 KB, 105 views)
Milad Marrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:37 PM   #2
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

Clean install. That is the perfect use of the center hatch gear track, just the way I had mine. I also attached a bait cutting board the same way right in front of the fishfinder. I'd probably still have my Kraken if my balance didn't suck.

I also use a Dragonfly, excellent display. If you have a multimeter with an ammeter you can get the most battery life from your setup by finding the most efficient settings on your display. If I remember correctly on my DF5, amp hour usage dropped with display brightness all the way down to 30%. Anything below that had no effect, and it is still plenty bright enough.
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:19 PM   #3
Milad Marrone

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanw View Post
Clean install. That is the perfect use of the center hatch gear track, just the way I had mine. I also attached a bait cutting board the same way right in front of the fishfinder. I'd probably still have my Kraken if my balance didn't suck.

I also use a Dragonfly, excellent display. If you have a multimeter with an ammeter you can get the most battery life from your setup by finding the most efficient settings on your display. If I remember correctly on my DF5, amp hour usage dropped with display brightness all the way down to 30%. Anything below that had no effect, and it is still plenty bright enough.
You are right about the Kraken being tippy, as I have gone swimming several times. Once I got out fishing, I'll test the battery life of my Nocqua and give you an update. Fingers crossed that it will work out nicely.
Milad Marrone is offline   Reply With Quote