Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2016, 06:47 PM   #1
iethinker

Kayak fishing adventure from the little water's...uh...middle...

...Lake Perris that is on 3/13/2016.

I got somewhat of a late start launching probably at 10:30 AM. The water was smooth for most of the morning then as the PM set in stronger winds added some chop. Thanks to the two fellow yakers who suggested a bait change because that's when the real fun started. Photos below tell more of the story.....

Bass - This 21-inch model (measured) revealed himself via my fishfinder then hit my jig within two shakes. Nice to actually hear the drag scream on the freshwater scene. This guy took four solid runs and jumped twice.

Bass - This model came quickly after aforementioned bait change. Thanks again guys!

Glass Conditions - It was nice to be able to stand up and fish from time to time. Anglers with their fishing boats making the "hole-shot" were the only occasional disturbance. The lake was almost devoid of any "pleasure boaters", jet-skis, etc...

Wind Chop - The lake turned choppy with stronger winds in the PM

All fish were released unharmed.

Enjoy!

Matt
iethinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:06 PM   #2
Harry Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by iethinker View Post
...Lake Perris that is on 3/13/2016.

I got somewhat of a late start launching probably at 10:30 AM. The water was smooth for most of the morning then as the PM set in stronger winds added some chop. Thanks to the two fellow yakers who suggested a bait change because that's when the real fun started. Photos below tell more of the story.....

Bass - This 21-inch model (measured) revealed himself via my fishfinder then hit my jig within two shakes. Nice to actually hear the drag scream on the freshwater scene. This guy took four solid runs and jumped twice.

Bass - This model came quickly after aforementioned bait change. Thanks again guys!

Glass Conditions - It was nice to be able to stand up and fish from time to time. Anglers with their fishing boats making the "hole-shot" were the only occasional disturbance. The lake was almost devoid of any "pleasure boaters", jet-skis, etc...

Wind Chop - The lake turned choppy with stronger winds in the PM

All fish were released unharmed.

Enjoy!

Matt
were those spotted bass? The mouths look like it but I thought they were all fished out at Perris. The afternoons are always windy at Perris but it looks like you had a good day. What bait did you change to?
Harry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:18 PM   #3
Orca Winfrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hill View Post
were those spotted bass? The mouths look like it but I thought they were all fished out at Perris. The afternoons are always windy at Perris but it looks like you had a good day. What bait did you change to?
Hopefully they aren't BSBs.

Thanks for the report by the way. I don't live too far from Perris and keep thinking about hitting it up again. Unfortunately, every time I try freshwater fishing I end up wishing I was on the ocean.
Orca Winfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:48 PM   #4
iethinker

Yeah...what he said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Winfrey View Post
Hopefully they aren't BSBs.

Thanks for the report by the way. I don't live too far from Perris and keep thinking about hitting it up again. Unfortunately, every time I try freshwater fishing I end up wishing I was on the ocean.
Yeah...ask about fish ID here be it Rockfish, Whitefish or especially BSB at your own risk. I also prefer the ocean to Lake Perris but the lake is closer to where I live and I slept kind of late on Sunday. Had to go fishing though.....!
iethinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:59 PM   #5
King Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hill View Post
Largemouths, Florida-Strains if I'm not mistaken. I've heard of rare reports of spotties still in Perris, but they are rare.
King Saba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lake perris bass