Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 01-04-2006, 08:50 AM   #1
Iceman
Administrator

Big Congratulations to Arne!!!

As of 12:01AM, the 3 day grace period for the first year long points based kayak fishing tournament is over. One of Arne's New Year's resolutions, last year, was to win the WCW. Arne pulled way ahead of the pack early in the year. It was surprizing to not see him leading at the half and very surprizing to have it come down to the wire with one decent fish between me, Arne and Brad.

Arne accomplishments include winning 4 monthly points totals, first white seabass, largest yellowtail (a kayak record) the biggest season's slam and winning the whole enchilada. I am just glad there won't be a raffle.

Congratulations Arne, you are a helluva gifted fisherman and a helluva nice guy. Proud to share the water with ya. I hope everyone enjoyed the year's excitement as much as I did. The momentum that Brad had towards the end was downright scarey. Congratulations, Brad on a great finish. Brad also had told me that he joined after catching his first 26 pound YT, that fish would have put him ahead of me. You can fish! Both you and Arne offering me bait in the last weeks of competition speaks loudly of just what a great community to be a part of. The fishing this past year was amazing quality, filled with alot of people's personal bested fishes. Epic. Let's do it again!

Andy
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 11:02 AM   #2
Dennis

WORD UP!!! WTG, Arne.
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 11:10 AM   #3
madscientist

Ditto to that. I told Arne that while his big catches were impressive, I was most impressed with the fish he managed to find when it was slow. He turned me on to the whole sight fishing thing in the late summer, and while I never managed to land one, he posted several good fish.

There's right place, right time, but it also takes the skill and preparation to take advantage of the opportunities that present themselves. Both Andy and Arne have taught me a great deal about how to make every inning count, and I thank you guys for all the advice, bait, tips, and spots you've shared over the year. I never figured to finish among the leaders, and I'm sure if Ken could have put in more mornings I would not have been in the top three. I want to especially thank Ken, Pat, and Todd for many a good time on the water and a whole bunch of help while I was figuring things out. There's always a nice lively bait or squirt in my tank for you guys.

I hope this year proves as exciting for everyone as this last month was for me. Those mornings of the last two weeks with the three of us warily eyeing each other were a unique experience. And I can genuinely say that whenever one of you went bendo, I meant both the "Right on!" I yelled to you and the "F&%$" I mumbled to myself. :lol:
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 11:58 AM   #4
lamb

Congratulations to Arne, the official top gun of people that paddle!
Old 01-04-2006, 02:04 PM   #5
Lit-up1

Arne-it's good to be the king

Way to fish. It certainly was interesting right down to the finish.
I knew fishing WCW made me get on the water more than I probably
would have and because of that I actually caught more fish than I
thought I would. Made my own mini slam and that alone made my year.
Great camaraderie all the way and too many examples of fisherman helping others to mention. Except I should mention Pat's helping me unpin
a Mako--- :shock:
Thanks to all :!:
Dave
Lit-up1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 04:41 PM   #6
katchfish
Paddle for Mahi

Congratulations Arne!!

One unforgettable year of fishing with a great group guys, and gals!

It was fun riding in the front seat for a little while!

Lucky to end up in forth place with all the talent out there.

No money, but too much fun pullin' on lots of yellows and whites!

Ken

Must catch halibut!
katchfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 04:44 PM   #7
Aaron&Julie

WTG!

Couldn't happen to a nicer kayak fisherman. Congratulations, and thanks for sharing with us along the way.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:38 PM   #8
DESTROYER

Here's a BEER to all of you for getting out there and FISHING.

Your the MAN Arne!!!!!

TL in 06!

Matt
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:20 PM   #9
Calcutta

Props to all of you

Very impressive, thanks for sucking me into the whole yak thing- it rules! Props to Arne for taking the title, don't think too many people fishing anywhere have produced like that- amazing-
Calcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:38 AM   #10
Pat

Congratulations to everyone that caught amazing fish this past year!

I can't say enough about Arne's ability to catch more fish and bigger fish while fishing right in the middle of the fleet. That's a lot more than just luck.

Also want to give props to Andy for once again showing his consistency to produce all year long while using all the different techniques through the seasons to keep catching fish.

And Brad, definitely deserving of rookie of the year award. I think you definitely proved that some things can be learned on the bulletin board, but there is no better way to learn than time on the water and hard work! I'd like to see your year end stat of how many beers were consumed on the water. Probably close to your year end points.

Greg, Corey and Andy...great job of keeping the hype and momentum of the tournament rolling for 52 weeks, I didn't think it could be done. You guys were on top of it. I don't know how you found time to fish.

As for me, I really, really enjoyed fishing this new type of style. I will be sitting at the edge of my seat every last day of the month waiting to see the submissions. I don't know if I can wait 4 weeks each month to see what's going on. Should be fun.

And albacore and salmon...that should easily help me acquire gasoline bills and shed some weight so I can look as good as Madscientist.

Cheers to a great '06,
Pat
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:36 AM   #11
madscientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat
I'd like to see your year end stat of how many beers were consumed on the water. Probably close to your year end points.
Pat
I did the math and I think the beer pts are higher. In fact, had I scored equal to the beers, it would have been a blowout :lol: .

I think I'll make that my New Year's Resolution: to score more points than beers. And I don't plan on drinking less beer. :shock: Heck, I'm getting thirsty just typing this. Cheers.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:05 PM   #12
Corey

Congratulations to everyone who competed this year, especially the top three: Arne, Andy, and Brad. You guys put on a great show this year. The consistency was (and still is) truly impressive. When we started this thing in January I never expected it to be such a spectacular year. Keep 'em comin'. (just please save a few for me).

PS: Stay tuned for the WCW '05 party announcement in the next few days.

get bent,

Corey
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 06:51 PM   #13
Arne

I don't know if there's anything else to say... but THANKS to all for a fantastic year of fishing. It was an honor sharing the water with a bunch of truly genuine people - WCW or not. There are just too many memories to mention.

I can't say enough about this sport and the folks involved with it. I'm sincerely humbled by your remarks and thank God for the ability to paddle out and fish with you guys. This sport is a lifesaver.

I can't wait to put faces to the names at the '05 party. And good luck to everyone in '06.

(no longer) Arne
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote