Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #1
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Bahia Asuncion November 2014

CONFIRMED THANKSGIVING WEEK SPECIAL

This trip is a go. This is the BEST time to fish here, I will post more after our return from our trip here in January. All welcome. This is their busiest time so we will have to let them know if we need more than one house. If not then some will have to camp on the beach. Tight lines and bloody gaffs.

Anglers are:

Makobob
Buddha
Sven
Rossman
EOD
PapaDave

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 07-11-2014 at 01:27 PM. Reason: update
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:38 PM   #2
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Asuncion 2014 UPDATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
CONFIRMED THANKSGIVING WEEK SPECIAL

This trip is a go. This is the BEST time to fish here, I will post more after our return from our trip here in January. All welcome. This is their busiest time so we will have to let them know if we need more than one house. If not then some will have to camp on the beach. Tight lines and bloody gaffs.

Anglers are:

Makobob
Buddha
Our Jan 2013 ASUNCION trip was GREAT, just ask Rossman, Adam, Svendawg or Buddha. PRIME TIME is around THANKSGIVING. We can use the San Roque house again. Seeing this is the busy time of year for Shari and Juan we need to set dates soon if we want the house again, also if you want to rent a panga at that time it is best to reserve one EARLY. Please post or Pm Makobob to get it on this trip. Ross got 37 and 43.4 lb TAILS, Adam got 38lb Tail. Hard to beat fish like these on a yak. Tight lines and bloody gaffs.

Makobob

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 07-07-2014, 02:47 PM   #3
buddha

I can do it from November 27 to December 7.

Looking forward to going back.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:27 PM   #4
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha View Post
I can do it from November 27 to December 7.

Looking forward to going back.
Gentlemen it is 2 days down, and 2 days back at safe speeds, leaving 7 1/2 days fishing time. We had good weather last year going a month later so it should be even less windy his year. There are 4 beds available in the San Roque house and 2 are spoken for. So two beds are still available inside and camping is available outside. House cost $425 last year for 10 days, so figure about $100 each, plus food, ice, drinks and fuel. Total cost should be under $500 for the trip +++++TACKLE. Which you will loose!!!!! Ice and water are available about 8 miles away in Asincion. We will be staying at the San Roque house again this year. 2.5 mile paddle to the island. Last year fishing was good, this year? Should be GREAT. Buddha and Makobob, and Sven are in, room for up to 2-3 more maximum. This will be the final trip for Baja or Bust in 2014. AND no ONE has asked about 2015 yet, so expect short trips to the Gonzaga area January-June.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 07-07-2014 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:54 PM   #5
makobob
Baitless on Baja

UPDATE

The San Roque house is RESERVED for this week, we got the house for $300 for the week with NO CLEANING deposit because we left it clean last year. So if you want to get a bed inside it will cost you $75 for the week, split the fuel on your vechicle with another person and this trip gets to be very inexpensive.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 07-07-2014, 05:36 PM   #6
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

I'm in
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:28 PM   #7
makobob
Baitless on Baja

UPDATE

So here is the score so far. Myself, Buddha, and Ross are in the HOUSE, Sven is camping outside again. There is room for one more inside, cost of bed is $75 for the week. First come first served.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 07-08-2014, 07:10 AM   #8
PapaDave

I'll go. I'll take the last in the house.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:50 AM   #9
eod
Junior

I'm in
eod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:00 PM   #10
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Papa Dave and EOD looks like you guys just filled this trip up. I will contact everyone with further details soon. It appears that the beds in the house are all full, as is the trip.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 07-11-2014, 01:34 PM   #11
makobob
Baitless on Baja

OK guys this trip is FULL, however if you are really interested, a couple more could be included, however we would have to know rather soon, so additional arraingements can be made. Thank you everyone.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 08-07-2014, 07:02 PM   #12
makobob
Baitless on Baja

UPDATE

We are down to a little over 100 days away from the start of this trip. Last year we learned that some of the tackle needed to be heavier. Split rings and hooks on the Mega Baits were too light. Split ring pliers are helpful. Lures with some RED because the longustina were everywhere. 6 December is the FULL MOON.

We also learned that there are some BIG Tails around. Ross and Adam landed yellows in the 35-43 pound range and I'll bet larger ones were lost. 50 pounders are not unheard of, and calicos over 20" are an EVERY DAY event. And none of us fished live bait, this was all artificals. So guys what are our plans for his years trip?

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 10-27-2014, 07:10 PM   #13
makobob
Baitless on Baja

This trip departs in one month! The line up is Makobob, Buddha, Svendawg, Rossman, EOD, and PapaDave. To keep expenses and waste down we will each be responsible for some meals.
We will eat dinner at a stop on day one. The 27th we arrive in camp and Buddha will be cooking. The 28th will be EOD's turn. The 29th will be Sven. 30th is Ross. Hopefully these will be fresh meat meals. Starting on the 1st we will have to have fresh sea food or canned meals. I cook on the 1st, PapaDave on the 2nd. On the 3rd it will be Sven, followed on the 4th by Buddha. I will cook on the 5th, we will eat on the road on the 6th, probabally in San Quintin. Which will put us home on the 7th.
Ross, PapaDave and EOD only cook one dinner EACH so they will talk it out and bring stuff/snacks for lunches. We are on our own for breakfast, some will be fishing before others get out of bed. On the day you cook dinner you need to tell us what time dinner wll be served. The cook for the evening meal is exempted from clean up that night.
We all bring our own drinking, cooking and shower water. Last year this was a good trip, this year it could be GREAT. You can trade your cooking days if you want, just talk it out. Thanks guys!!!

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 10-27-2014, 09:50 PM   #14
easyday

One day I will make one of these trips....
Old 10-28-2014, 06:11 AM   #15
buddha

Quote:
This trip departs in one month! The line up is Makobob, Buddha, Svendawg, Rossman, EOD, and PapaDave. To keep expenses and waste down we will each be responsible for some meals.
We will eat dinner at a stop on day one. The 27th we arrive in camp and Buddha will be cooking. The 28th will be EOD's turn. The 29th will be Sven. 30th is Ross. Hopefully these will be fresh meat meals. Starting on the 1st we will have to have fresh sea food or canned meals. I cook on the 1st, PapaDave on the 2nd. On the 3rd it will be Sven, followed on the 4th by Buddha. I will cook on the 5th, we will eat on the road on the 6th, probabally in San Quintin. Which will put us home on the 7th.
Ross, PapaDave and EOD only cook one dinner EACH so they will talk it out and bring stuff/snacks for lunches. We are on our own for breakfast, some will be fishing before others get out of bed. On the day you cook dinner you need to tell us what time dinner wll be served. The cook for the evening meal is exempted from clean up that night.
We all bring our own drinking, cooking and shower water. Last year this was a good trip, this year it could be GREAT. You can trade your cooking days if you want, just talk it out. Thanks guys!!!
Anyone that wants me to cook for their turn let me know. I was prepared to cook all the meals like last years trip.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 06:43 AM   #16
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Hope every one likes Slim Jims and Pacifico's for dinner.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:50 AM   #17
svendawg

Slim Jims

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossman View Post
Hope every one likes Slim Jims and Pacifico's for dinner.
I sure Jeff has several ways to cook Slim Jims
svendawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 09:51 AM   #18
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by svendawg View Post
I sure Jeff has several ways to cook Slim Jims
YUM slim jims and spam in a stirfry with pineapples.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 10-28-2014, 10:43 AM   #19
addicted2sp33d
Here fishy fishy fishy...

Quote:
It all sounds very Utopian.
addicted2sp33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:39 AM   #20
Deamon

Bob,, I might just jump in the back of your truck and cover myself with a tarp. Be like a lone wolf and just hang on the outside of the group picking through your trash for food. Can't figure out how I'd get my yak down there though. Jim
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote