Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 02-25-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
Hellboy1500

First time On water in LJ

Brand new to this Kayaking. Two weeks ago bought a PA for myself a Quest 11 for the wife and lani for the kid. I got mine to go fishing in the bay and with all the reads i've done on here and all the you tubes i've watched at LJ. I has got me intreged with kayak fishing. Last week i just went to the SD bay to test my limits. Today went to LJ to test it a little more went out to the yellow bouys and back. Met a guy who is another member on here for the last two years didn't even think to ask what his BWE name was i got his first name only. Feeling it out before i actually take all my gear out. Got to admit it was a bit intimidating with the choppy water and big swells but soon became more confortable. The entire trip i had my 11 year old daughter sitting on the back and my wife and sister paddling with us as well. I am so glad to have purchased them and to experience this and hope to call my self a kayak fisherman come March and April when they open up the rockfish. Coming into shore was another story for my wife and her sister before i could tell them how to approach the beach they took off and ended up side down. For me because of this site and the many you tube videos i watched it truely helped me out and you would have thought i was an experienced kayaker. Felt pretty good i didn't flip over my first time. Hope to make some friend out there kayaking and let the fishing be good.
Hellboy1500 is offline   Reply With Quote