Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2016, 09:17 AM   #1
Dave Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hill View Post
6'4", 160#? How do you keep your kayak down in the water? I'm 5'10" and when I was 160# everyone thought I was dying or something, to stop everyone from worrying I got my weight back up to 220#, now only my Dr worries about me.
This might be a key component in why you and I have had such differing experiences with the same model of kayak? My metabolism is crazy active, so I have been tall and lanky my whole life. It's cool that I can eat whatever I want without any visible consequence, but it's a silent killer. I have to try hard to not go nuts and lead myself toward a heart attack!
Dave Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:14 AM   #2
Harry Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Legacy View Post
This might be a key component in why you and I have had such differing experiences with the same model of kayak? My metabolism is crazy active, so I have been tall and lanky my whole life. It's cool that I can eat whatever I want without any visible consequence, but it's a silent killer. I have to try hard to not go nuts and lead myself toward a heart attack!
I was like that until I turned about 35, then everything changed and weight was hard to keep off. A combination of hard work and a high metabolism meant I was eating 5 meals a day and not putting on weight but that all changed. Now I have to watch everything I eat and I don't work hard any more. It's probably also why my boat sits low in the water. Are you part of OEX Dave?
Harry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 11:30 AM   #3
Dave Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hill View Post
Are you part of OEX Dave?
I am not in anyway affiliated with OEX, but I am a supporter.
Dave Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 11:36 AM   #4
Harry Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Legacy View Post
I am not in anyway affiliated with OEX, but I am a supporter.
I wasn't sure, I know they took good care of me when I bought the Malibu P2T though I wish I had waited and bought something different. It is doing the job right now but it is hard to set up for fishing. I can't figure out if I want the Native Tandem or the Jackson Cuda. I want to find something easy to paddle but stable so my wife feel secure. I need to paddle both solo so I can see how it will work for me but I also need to get her in them so we can see how they work tandem. In the meantime I need to stop in one of the stores and have them install another hatch on the P2T.
Harry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 12:17 PM   #5
Wanderingincircles
Junior

http://www.sportchalet.com/columbia-...FdKIfgodzVYHsw

Hope this link works. I'm on my phone. Columbia terminal tackle hoodies are on sale at sports chalet right now for $20

Looks like only XL's though. Just went back to the site to get one for myself and realized this
Wanderingincircles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 01:00 PM   #6
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderingincircles View Post
http://www.sportchalet.com/columbia-...FdKIfgodzVYHsw

Hope this link works. I'm on my phone. Columbia terminal tackle hoodies are on sale at sports chalet right now for $20

Looks like only XL's though. Just went back to the site to get one for myself and realized this
Thanks, just grabbed one. It doesn't have the stain release treatment of the one I linked above, but it's a good price.
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 05:55 AM   #7
Wanderingincircles
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanw View Post
Thanks, just grabbed one. It doesn't have the stain release treatment of the one I linked above, but it's a good price.
No problem. Happy to share.
Wanderingincircles is offline   Reply With Quote