Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2015, 11:45 PM   #1
petergmil5_ab
Junior

Fishing in the Provincial Park!

Has anyone been for fishing in Algonquin Provincial Park? I recently heard from one of my friends that, fishing in the lakes of this awesome park is a great experience for fishing lovers. I've been hearing about this one for a long time and this park is considered as Canada’s most pristine wilderness. The adventure lodge inside the Algonquin Park (Killarney Lodge) is said to be the best jungle stay for nature lovers, offering lake view cabins with a lot of recreational activities. Would love to go once there if possible.
petergmil5_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 04:49 AM   #2
Harry Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by petergmil5_ab View Post
Has anyone been for fishing in Algonquin Provincial Park? I recently heard from one of my friends that, fishing in the lakes of this awesome park is a great experience for fishing lovers. I've been hearing about this one for a long time and this park is considered as Canada’s most pristine wilderness. The adventure lodge inside the Algonquin Park (Killarney Lodge) is said to be the best jungle stay for nature lovers, offering lake view cabins with a lot of recreational activities. Would love to go once there if possible.
When my son graduated from high school I took him for a week to the Boundary Waters Canoe area in Minnesota, caught lots of fish, kayaks would have worked great.
Harry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 09:26 AM   #3
Jim Sammons LJKF

I have been there twice shooting my show. Both times we started at Lake Travers with a 5 day paddle plan down the Petawawa river. The first time was simply amazing for fishing, scenery, you name it. We caught tons of bass, Musky and cats. The second trip was planned because we enjoyed the first time so much. This time the water level was much higher making the rapids well beyond our abilities particularly in sit on tops. We tried to portage the first set of rapids but once at the second set that were again to high and the portage was just brutal. We decided to hump it back up river and spent the rest of the week on Travers. Still had an awesome time and caught plenty. Mid September is the best time, the trees are just changing color and it is chilly enough that there are few bugs.
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 07:24 PM   #4
petergmil5_ab
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Sammons LJKF View Post
I have been there twice shooting my show. Both times we started at Lake Travers with a 5 day paddle plan down the Petawawa river. The first time was simply amazing for fishing, scenery, you name it. We caught tons of bass, Musky and cats. The second trip was planned because we enjoyed the first time so much. This time the water level was much higher making the rapids well beyond our abilities particularly in sit on tops. We tried to portage the first set of rapids but once at the second set that were again to high and the portage was just brutal. We decided to hump it back up river and spent the rest of the week on Travers. Still had an awesome time and caught plenty. Mid September is the best time, the trees are just changing color and it is chilly enough that there are few bugs.
Thanks for the info Sam!
petergmil5_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 07:20 AM   #5
Jim Sammons LJKF

Quote:
Originally Posted by petergmil5_ab View Post
Thanks for the info Sam!
Who the heck is Sam?
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote