Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 10-14-2011, 11:24 AM   #81
mbaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by -scallywag- View Post
Thanks everyone!!
Just do me a favor and if you see this guy, let the the police do their job (). I'm pissed too, but don't put your life, liberty or family at risk by doing something illegal...as fun and justified as it may sound, it's not worth it!

UPDATE:
Thanks to everyone on this site I was able to print out the still images, the similar truck photo, eyewitness contact info, exc....I also went thru an hr or two of not so exciting fishing video (forgot how many fish I farm) and found a good shot of my peddle sn#'s, thank god for HD video!!

I'm meeting with a detective tomorrow to hand over all the info WE"VE collected....also included the reciept for the replacement pedals showing that they are indeed worth over $500.
updates?
mbaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:12 PM   #82
-scallywag-
Banned

happy endings!!

It appears this post, this site and mainly its members applied enough pressure in the right direction to start a chain of events that ended this afternoon with an apology and the return of my peddles.

I don't really know what else to say except that its much easier to make mistakes, than to come out and take responsibility for them.

Don't forget to focus your anger in the right direction and email your thoughts to the D'bags on the DFG commission http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ad.php?t=11695

THANKS
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:29 PM   #83
467echo
Rookie of the Month Club

glad to hear you got your s*** back! BWE ROCKS!!!
Did they pay you for the extra mirage drive you bought?
Old 10-18-2011, 01:54 PM   #84
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Quote:
Originally Posted by -scallywag- View Post
It appears this post, this site and mainly its members applied enough pressure in the right direction to start a chain of events that ended this afternoon with an apology and the return of my peddles.

I don't really know what else to say except that its much easier to make mistakes, than to come out and take responsibility for them.

Don't forget to focus your anger in the right direction and email your thoughts to the D'bags on the DFG commission http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ad.php?t=11695

THANKS

You should update your original post....and a few more details please as to how exactly it panned out, you owe the folks here more details!!
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:41 PM   #85
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

I was still looking for the criminal..

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:49 PM   #86
silverbullet
Crusty Member

Send a message via Yahoo to silverbullet
SWEET! Takes more balls to man up than to run/hide... good for him.

(still agree that a beating would tattoo the lesson in a little better)

Glad to hear you got back the drive. BWE -->

Bobby
silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:42 PM   #87
ful-rac
Emperor

Glad to hear you got your stuff back !
ful-rac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:46 PM   #88
T-Rex

Stoked you got your peddles back!
T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:48 PM   #89
swinginFish

Happy Endings

Appreciate diverting attention to larger issues, and don't need to know the who/what/when of the evident "fessing up". Would, however, welcome clarification, i.e., did the culprit him/herself come forward in contrition and, if so, did this site/blog alone cause the pressure that brought him/her forward, or was a chat with John Law also influencial?

IMHO, if the person who took your drive had enough integrity to come forward and apologize to you directly, that is quite admirable, as is your effort to tamp down the flames and get on with things. While seemingly rare, "happy endings" of this sort are truly worth celebrating.

WTG!

Avery
swinginFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:05 PM   #90
undrH2Ohntr

Glad to hear you got your stuff back.
undrH2Ohntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:21 PM   #91
romspacenut

Glad to hear you got your Mirage Drive back!
romspacenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #92
mtnbykr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginFish View Post
Appreciate diverting attention to larger issues, and don't need to know the who/what/when of the evident "fessing up". Would, however, welcome clarification, i.e., did the culprit him/herself come forward in contrition and, if so, did this site/blog alone cause the pressure that brought him/her forward, or was a chat with John Law also influencial?

IMHO, if the person who took your drive had enough integrity to come forward and apologize to you directly, that is quite admirable, as is your effort to tamp down the flames and get on with things. While seemingly rare, "happy endings" of this sort are truly worth celebrating.

WTG!

Avery
x2...in a world with not that many "happy endings" this one is grand
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:55 PM   #93
RK

Only happy ending I ever got was in Bali and her hands were sandy nuff said.......

RAD JER stoked you got your gear back bud, like the other guy said I hope he kicked in the dough for the new drive.....
RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:27 PM   #94
roadx

Excellent!
Old 10-18-2011, 06:30 PM   #95
hook1fred

Good Deal......I'll tell you this much if I see that POS sitting on the triangle again eyeballing the kayaks again i'll set him straight. He's still a dirtbag and it took the fear of getting caught to own up.
hook1fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:02 PM   #96
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Probably because all the water from sandiego to sanfrancisco was covered

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:25 PM   #97
Kailolo

Glad yo got your property back. But...

Apology? Mistake? A 10-year old might make a mistake by stealing, and later admirably "man up" with an admission and apology--and learn never to do that again. But an adult? Unless he was stealing to feed his family...Go to the cops.
Kailolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:14 PM   #98
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailolo View Post
Glad yo got your property back. But... Apology? Mistake? A 10-year old might make a mistake....
There's an old joke they used to tell when I was a kid:

A guy offers a women he just met 20 grand to sleep with him and she readily agrees, then he offers her 1 dollar and she get's offended saying something like "What do you think I am?" The guy responds "We've already determined exactly what you are, now we're just haggling over price.

In this case the guy has already shown what he is, he's just come forward to haggle over price. By that I mean that now that he was essentually busted, he's just trying mitigate what his actions will cost him by returning the drive. It's completely based in self interest, he's not doing it out of the goodness of his heart.

If I was Scallywag I'd be happy to get my drive back and might even forgive the guy, and it's certainly in his rights to do so, but that doesn't change this guys nature, or make him any less what he is.

Obviously he's a lowlife, a thug, a thief. In fact he's such a lowlife he staked out the launch till he found a easy drive to steal, then talked his girl into doing the dirty work for him ,which suggests he's a user and a coward as well. I'd add that his girlfriend is either incredibly stupid or just as bad as he is. It's not like she was stealing groceries to feed her kids, she had to know the drive was not his. It may be easier to forgive, but don't expect them to change, forget who they really are, or what they are really about.

It's just like these lowlifes who break into, or vandalize vehicles at launch sites. It may be easier to let it slide on the legal side, but you should never forget who these people really are, what they are capable of, that ultimately they are just thugs and that they are never to be trusted.

Jim
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:33 PM   #99
Aaron&Julie

Glad you got your drive back, Scallywag. But...
Anybody ever watch "World's Dumbest Criminals"? The situations can be interesting and funny, but I could do without the "so-called celebrities" comments. Anyhow, every once in a while they show a thief who robbed a store, come back and try to return what he stole. The cops end up busting him just the same, hence, he's a dumb criminal for even returning the s#*t.
I agree with Jim, this guy AND gal are not kids who need to learn a lesson, they should clearly know right from wrong, and they deserve the punishment that the law provides.
Maybe next time they won't be identified by camera, and a few hundred kayak fishermen, who are on the look out for them. Without, this website, the webcam images, and all the feedback given, I don't think there is a chance in the world Scallywag gets his drive back. It's through everybody's contribution, he got them back at all, IMHO.
Aaron
Old 10-19-2011, 12:38 PM   #100
Croaker Dave

How about his little henchman chick? Is SHE getting any consequences and making an apology?
Croaker Dave is offline   Reply With Quote