Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe that bananas are bad on a boat?
yes 17 35.42%
no 31 64.58%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2013, 06:46 AM   #15
tacklebox
I got gas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJones View Post
but you nailed it . they don't believe in God , but they believe in some superstitious idea . anyone care to google to try and find out the reason behind all the madness ? i learned about the banana superstition like most , by bringing one on board a charter . i do have one experience to share on the kayak . prior to my trip , i swallowed one down . sadly the only, " right kind "i hooked while at LJ came unbuttoned . the first thing that came to mind was the frigging banana . to each his own . better to keep the fruit on the low side , then be branded a terrorist . . hopefully today is the day i get this monkey off my back , and finally land a LJ yellow . wish me love . i will not post results till the end of summer , if successful . :
I have heard from other fisherman through the years that the reason bananas are bad luck on boats is because back in the day when they shipped bananas they would have bananna spiders, or Brazilian wandering spider which lives inbetween the fruit bunches, in the cargo. The spider would bite someone and since they had no medicine on board for the poision the person would die.
If you just have one banana you should be fine but just dont take a bushel of bananas with you without checking for this guy.

HOLY FUGGIN ISHHTTT ----- FUG THISSS!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwruG6TSrAQ

This is the guy Im talking about