Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2012, 12:28 AM   #1
smithers

Used it on my rubber boots no problem

Used that exact spray on my Xtra tuffs back when I first got em and was trying to keep em clean.

Didn't react at all with the rubber. (But I got lazy about scrubbing the boots after a trip; today they have crusted blood and salt on em.)

Think I also read about someone using it on rods to protect guides from salt. Not sure how effective that would be but generally I think the stuff is non-reactive.

Only thing I'd watch out for would be overspray making the deck of your kayak super slippery.
smithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:48 AM   #2
BrokeLoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithers View Post
Used that exact spray on my Xtra tuffs back when I first got em and was trying to keep em clean.

Didn't react at all with the rubber. (But I got lazy about scrubbing the boots after a trip; today they have crusted blood and salt on em.)

Think I also read about someone using it on rods to protect guides from salt. Not sure how effective that would be but generally I think the stuff is non-reactive.

Only thing I'd watch out for would be overspray making the deck of your kayak super slippery.
I've been using "Gunk" silicone spray on my rods and reels for years...always worked great. Hoping this is a close formula.
BrokeLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #3
maui jim

Sshhhhhh..........
Dont talk about lube with Jeorge........and Candy we will get too much info....