Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #1
fearlessfiasco

Atypical Catch

Brought the first pic up today while drifting for halibut...kinda cool.

Used the left over deans to pull up todaythe 2nd pic. Will be eating good soon...
Attached Images

fearlessfiasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
dorado50

I'll get the popcorn started.........
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:57 PM   #3
dorado50

The "raping of our oceans"....done by so many all around the world! A very common occurance that I'm very use by now and not much surprises me anymore...
Old 02-21-2013, 06:58 PM   #4
jruiz
Large Member

What do you expect, he's "fearless"
jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #5
fishsouthcounty

Well i deleted my first comment thinking i jumped the gun on the hook and line because now I realize the lobster was likely caught by hoop(rigid hull inflatable, fuel tank, etc). Never fished lobster to have a good eye, but i guess well see if it was of legal size when he returns.
fishsouthcounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #6
jorluivil

No bueno

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:19 PM   #7
Ggiannig89

Kind of confused on what the big deal is here. Anybody care to explain?

Last edited by Ggiannig89; 02-21-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Ggiannig89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #8
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ggiannig89 View Post

***REVISED****

Hook, line, hoopnet, lobster............

Unless the word 'hoopnet' is placed somewhere within that group of words.......no bueno

good end of the season catch!!!!

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer

Last edited by jorluivil; 02-22-2013 at 03:16 AM.
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:55 PM   #9
Ggiannig89

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearlessfiasco View Post
Brought the first pic up today while drifting for halibut...kinda cool.

Used the left over deans to pull up todaythe 2nd pic. Will be eating good soon...
Im assuming they were hooped. Why not give the guy the benefit of the doubt.... I doubt he used the left over "deans" plural, to hook and line a lobster. And not to say it right but to be lucky and hook a legal size lobster and keep it, is that really raping the ocean? Go down to Puerto nuevo and see how many small lobsters are being eaten down there. Idk just not really into some of this bloody decks kind of posting. Im new to this site and like the sites just not into aggressive posting. Rant over. With that being said hopefully all this gets cleared up.
Ggiannig89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #10
driftwood

Quote:
Im assuming they were hooped. Why not give the guy the benefit of the doubt.... I doubt he used the left over "deans" plural, to hook and line a lobster. And not to say it right but to be lucky and hook a legal size lobster and keep it, is that really raping the ocean? Go down to Puerto nuevo and see how many small lobsters are being eaten down there. Idk just not really into some of this bloody decks kind of posting. Im new to this site and like the sites just not into aggressive posting. Rant over. With that being said hopefully all this gets cleared up.
Easy there boss. I'm sure most everyone here is just having fun with this.
Ok now, who is going fishing tomorow?
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #11
rhyak

Quote:

rhyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:49 PM   #12
fearlessfiasco

Quote:
I'm not sure what the big deal is either. The first pic is an Octopus that was either holding on to the sardine or the drop weight. He was nice enough to hang around for a pic before he got tossed back. I never thought I'd pull up an Octopus in the bay and it seemed interesting enough to share.

The second pic is of a well over legal size lobster that was indeed pulled up in a hoopnet in my inflatable dingy. Is it even possible to "hook" a lobster intentionally?

Last edited by fearlessfiasco; 02-21-2013 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Autocorrect put the wrong words in
fearlessfiasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #13
Cbad Mike

One of the great things about BWE for me is that you can always learn something. Sometimes (preferably) you learn before you hit the water but sometimes you learn afterwards. In either case it's important and helps us all in the long run. Now if by chance that lobster was caught with a hook and line, I'm sure it wasn't done out of malice and hope that alot of people will learn from the post that it is illegal to do so.
As for saying that it's "RAPING OUR OCEANS" REALLY? You have to be kidding! And I have to laugh.
If you really want to hang the guy for something do it because he knowingly wears white CROCS.

By the way... Thanks for taking the time to post a fish report for all of us!

Mike
Cbad Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:28 PM   #14
Cbad Mike

Quote:
I'm not sure what the big deal is either. The first pic is an Octopus that was either holding on to the sardine or the drop weight. He was nice enough to hang around for a pic before he got tossed back. I never thought I'd pull up an Octopus in the bay and it seemed interesting enough to share.

The second pic is of a well over legal size lobster that was indeed pulled up in a hoopnet in my inflatable dingy. Is it even possible to "hook" a lobster intentionally?
Glad to see that you cleared that up!
The octopus is cool. I landed one last week in LJ. It was humping my iron. When it jumped off on to my kayak I made the mistake of trying to remove it with my hand and it wouldn't let go of me until I put it in the water. It was cool but I don't like when they stick on me.
Cbad Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #15
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:

Sure it is! Its not legal to keep a lobster caught by hook and line but if you ever did release it immediately or just dont tell anybody, and certainly dont post it up on the internet. Your just askn for trouble!

Glad you did catch a lobster legally!
Old 02-21-2013, 11:43 PM   #16
dorado50

Lets see here, fishing for halibut an catching octopus(maybe 4 inch dia.) and also lobster that looks like its in a plastic cup or childs sand pail at best with no mention of hoop net and the "gonna eat good tonite" makes me wonder. Rapping our oceans can not be done by "one person"....Collectively yes....
Old 02-22-2013, 01:39 AM   #17
MattRabasco

If you live in a glass house don't throw stones...
MattRabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:55 AM   #18
Drake

Too many chiefs, not enough Indians.

Everyone needs to back the fuck off before jumping to conclusions

You all see my posts about hitting limits of Lobser, but because I have >900 posts I must be legit. A guy with 11 posts must be a poacher. What happened to giving benefit of the doubt. Perpetuate the stereotype a little more why dont we.

Anyone with half a brain or knows what a priming bulb and a size 12 set of crocs looks like, can justify the size of the container that lobster is in.

Last edited by Drake; 02-22-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:14 AM   #19
jruiz
Large Member

Post count has nothing to do with it. You write a report like that everyone would bet on your ass too. I ask the person that posted the thread to screen capture his post or print it out and ask random people how they think he caught the lobster. It has nothing to do with thinking the worst of people our not giving the guy the benefit of the doubt either. Just a unintentionally misleading poorly written report.

I'll post a report tomorrow of me fishing with my halibut rig with a 12" sandab next to a ruler saying I'll be eating good tonight and mention nothing of it being a sandab. Everyone better stay off my ass.
jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:30 AM   #20
StinkyMatt

Some people never change. They thrive on trying to jump on someone.

If we trash our fellow fishermen for absolutely no reason......

Imagine......

What easy job the Eco nazis have discrediting our sport.

The guy got jumped for showing a lobster captured from a boat. BIG crime.
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote