Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 09-03-2017, 11:59 AM   #1
StumpFisher

NPH 9/3/17

Just got back from morning session with my oldest son. Launched at coast guard station at 645 to light rain which continued on and off for about an hour which my son loved. I was planning on venturing out just past the bait barge today but when I saw rain in the forecast I decided to stay inside the harbor.

Pretty good day for us, 21 total between us. My son got his PB spottie and was quite stoked! Bite was great up until 8 and shut off only picking off a couple here and there down the channel until we called it quits at 1045. Gobbling down some in n out for a great morning with the kiddo.

The only frustrating pet of the morning was there were a lot of 2 person crew boats out. Around 830 when I was helping my son get his hookup bait out of a spottie that swallowed it a little deeper so I wasn't looking around as much and before I know it a guy was barreling towards me only 10 feet away. I yell to stop and he yells back yeah I know! Then he proceeds to blame me saying "you know you need to look out for us, I can't see that well!" I wanted to be the bigger person so didn't say much with my son there but I can't believe he blamed me for almost running into me! I gave him a nice shove away with my paddle and we were off. Still a great day despite this.
Attached Images

StumpFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 12:13 PM   #2
jrip
Water dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpFisher View Post
Just got back from morning session with my oldest son. Launched at coast guard station at 645 to light rain which continued on and off for about an hour which my son loved. I was planning on venturing out just past the bait barge today but when I saw rain in the forecast I decided to stay inside the harbor.

Pretty good day for us, 21 total between us. My son got his PB spottie and was quite stoked! Bite was great up until 8 and shut off only picking off a couple here and there down the channel until we called it quits at 1045. Gobbling down some in n out for a great morning with the kiddo.

The only frustrating pet of the morning was there were a lot of 2 person crew boats out. Around 830 when I was helping my son get his hookup bait out of a spottie that swallowed it a little deeper so I wasn't looking around as much and before I know it a guy was barreling towards me only 10 feet away. I yell to stop and he yells back yeah I know! Then he proceeds to blame me saying "you know you need to look out for us, I can't see that well!" I wanted to be the bigger person so didn't say much with my son there but I can't believe he blamed me for almost running into me! I gave him a nice shove away with my paddle and we were off. Still a great day despite this.
I like to wear safety shirts on the water but boat pilots have to be alert.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk
jrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 12:28 PM   #3
StumpFisher

I have a big long orange flag along with bright shirts that I wear. I had my whistle as well but he came out of nowhere when I had my head down.
Old 09-03-2017, 12:30 PM   #4
jrip
Water dog

He was either day-dreaming or looking at his phone.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk
jrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 01:26 PM   #5
ultimatejay

I saw you guys out there today. My son and I were in the camo PA14. We had a great day too! Nice catch. It's good to get out their with your sons or daughters. Teach them young 👍
ultimatejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 01:50 PM   #6
StumpFisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatejay View Post
I saw you guys out there today. My son and I were in the camo PA14. We had a great day too! Nice catch. It's good to get out their with your sons or daughters. Teach them young 👍
I thought you were a bwe member. Nice rig. I saw you guys by the ridge and thought I heard some drag being peeled off. Great times with the kids! Maybe we can head out some time together, I'm fairly new to the salt and have a lot to learn!