Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #1
kiyo21

About to rip my hair out.

ok so i'm looking onto new reels one for yoyo and one for surface

surface i wanna go torium or saltist

but yoyo i wanna go avet

but at the fred hall show this year there was a gentleman there who had very nice machined aluminum reels they where so similar to the top brand but with 2 thing they where cheaper and from his own family owned and operated business. when he opened the reels up to show me the guts i could not believe it he said they make it all with the acception that the gears where all the same as the top brands.

now i wanna look into his products but i cant for the life of me find any info on him, the company or the reels does any one

any one know the booth or name or guy i'm talking about? the reels looked and felt just like an avet almost identical.

please help
kiyo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #2
Sdspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyo21 View Post
ok so i'm looking onto new reels one for yoyo and one for surface

surface i wanna go torium or saltist

but yoyo i wanna go avet

but at the fred hall show this year there was a gentleman there who had very nice machined aluminum reels they where so similar to the top brand but with 2 thing they where cheaper and from his own family owned and operated business. when he opened the reels up to show me the guts i could not believe it he said they make it all with the acception that the gears where all the same as the top brands.

now i wanna look into his products but i cant for the life of me find any info on him, the company or the reels does any one

any one know the booth or name or guy i'm talking about? the reels looked and felt just like an avet almost identical.

please help
Here is the list of exhabitors from the LB Show, maybe you'll see a name that rings a bell

http://www.fredhall.com/pages/long_b...exhibitors.php
Sdspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
Dannowar

Accurate
Old 05-26-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
mrJB

I was going to say "Release Reels" but they're not on the LB list. Very nice just the same but higher cost than the Avets (but lower than the Accurates)...
Old 05-26-2013, 01:00 PM   #5
kiyo21

I looked at the list for ever and can't find it, and no it wasn't accurate
Old 05-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #6
CKallday71

I think I know which ones you were looking at. They had mostly blue anodized and a few silver and maybe a gold right? Kind of in the middle of the show small booth and a little disorganized?

That guy said he was from the East Coast and sold a lot in Florida and was trying to get a toe hold in California at the show. I had a brochure but I think I recently tossed it.
CKallday71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #7
kiyo21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKallday71 View Post
I think I know which ones you were looking at. They had mostly blue anodized and a few silver and maybe a gold right? Kind of in the middle of the show small booth and a little disorganized?

That guy said he was from the East Coast and sold a lot in Florida and was trying to get a toe hold in California at the show. I had a brochure but I think I recently tossed it.
Dude that sound almost dead on the reel he showed me was a red analyzed one around the size of a avet mxj-N

Idk about the Florida stuff but I know he's not from Cali and he's trying to find a steady point here to sell his family's product
Old 05-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #8
Sdspeed

these guys are East Coasters and were at the Fred Hall show , their reels sound like what your describing!

http://www.shop.canyonreels.com/main.sc
Sdspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #9
CKallday71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdspeed View Post
these guys are East Coasters and were at the Fred Hall show , their reels sound like what your describing!

http://www.shop.canyonreels.com/main.sc
That looks like the ones I was thinking about.
CKallday71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #10
Cbad Mike

Your thinking of Canyon Reels. I believe they're made in New Jersey. The guy in the booth was from New Jersey but lives here.
Cbad Mike is offline   Reply With Quote