Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2011, 04:02 PM   #1
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

Silverwood

fished silverwood on saturday. nothing on bait at the inlet but did get slammed on a rapala Ice jig and it took me around a rope or something and i had to break off after 10 mins of not being able to get it out.

anchored about 40ft offshore and threw towards shore with a bobber, 5ft leader and night crawler. really effective on the trout.

started heading back and we got slammed by the wind found an inlet just before the main coves and took a breather, set out the bobbers and my dad got a 16" spotted bass. and he decided to take it.

DFG at the ramps all day checking people. limit on largemouth bass is two over 15" per person and they insisted on measuring it so i had to be a smartass and ask what the regs on spots were.

anyways. nice day out there. only like 4 PBers on the main lake till about 2pm then alot of them were launching and alot of jet ski's came out.
lowprofile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:16 PM   #2
mtnbykr2

I think it would be a good idea for DFG to have that limit on all California lakes...make for bigger bass
too bad about the stripes though, they should be gettin to biting here if the weather holds,
How was the boat traffic there?
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:19 PM   #3
lowprofile

boats werent too bad. only like 4 running the lake and all the others went to beaches and fished and tanned all day. it wasnt untill around 2pm that the jet skis and alot of power boats started to hit the main lake.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:22 PM   #4
YakMedic

Temps are still a little cold for the striper bite to take off, plus had a low pressure system move in Saturday afternoon. Good conditions for trout though.
Do you have any pics of the spottie? I've never seen one pulled from silverwood and I'm curious.
YakMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:01 PM   #5
lowprofile

its a cell pic. i sent it to my email and my email hates cell pics so im trying to get it to load. they stocked that lake and a few others with spotted bass a long time ago. i forgot where they got them from, some farm back east and had them trucked in. i think i was 7 or 8 when they announced that.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:05 PM   #6
roby
CEO of Team Roby

Sounds like a good day on the water....
roby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:10 PM   #7
lowprofile

cant really tell in the pic since its so light. but it really comes down to the jaw being almost inline with the back of the eye and the spiney top fin connecting directly to the softfin unlike largemouth with come almost comepletly down to the body then the soft fin starts.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:19 AM   #8
Slappy

Not a spotted bass

#1 Silverwood has never been stocked with them. (Only Perris)

#2 the black lateral line markings on the photo are broken up. Spotted bass have a black line connected throughout the middle portion with no separation.

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/spec...5/Default.aspx
Slappy is offline   Reply With Quote