Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2009, 08:04 PM   #1
ccoral

Send a message via AIM to ccoral
mammoth trout crowly

i know there are some unreal posts mine will be short, kayak fishing crowly and stream fishing owens. Fishing was great cold and windy but who cares when you are catching fish. A little concerned with the reports from opening day weekend but the fish where there just not stupid. Fished crowley for two morning for limits. 5 fish around 2 and 1 cutthroat 4.5. with numerous releases do to a small net. Oh well. just means you get to fish longer. no fish on power bait!
fished upper and lower owens high flows but fun catching brown trout small but fun when they are eating the rapala.
only posting to promote more kayak fishing it is free to launch at most lakes just need to get checked for mussels.
finally got my new yak in fresh water. early in the month a yellow later trout you have to love CA, and to be competly honest glan LJ did not go off when I was catching bait size fish.
here is short report on the new stealth 14 great yak but did figure out a few draw backs need to do three modes. first gator hatch in front cannot handle wind and traveling as it is on the 14. Bad design. only one latch. second lid for bait tank needs a stopper- already installed- if not your fish finder will be your stopper third bait tank pump as it does not alway prime when switch is turned on. Need a fix. as my beer was getting warm

get out and fish
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2038.jpg (53.6 KB, 223 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2044.jpg (65.3 KB, 217 views)
ccoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:10 PM   #2
fishinkid2010

Those are some nice size trout. Way to go!
fishinkid2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:30 PM   #3
skatino
Junior

Awww man, you are making hauling my Hobie up next weekend to June Lake much easier! WTG those are some fat fish.
skatino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:15 AM   #4
MalibuJohnny

Eastern Sierra's

Love the pictures...We have a cabin in Seven Pines. Up Onion Valley Road, I plan to fish the aqua duct this summer... I will get dropped of somewhere north and get picked up near Lone Pine. Never done it so lets see what happens!
Old 05-05-2009, 08:41 AM   #5
ccoral

Send a message via AIM to ccoral
I did not know you could go down the aquaduct that sounds fun. we where talking about floating down the owens starting at 5 brindges ending on the other side of bishop but after fishing the river, my yaks are to big. We need something around 10' max. Post pics and report of the aquaduct.
good luck to all fyi the new diawa cultiva baits worked well
ccoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:32 AM   #6
MalibuJohnny

Billy Lake

Are you familliar with Billy Lake Slough? or Sand Traps? These are two great places in Independence east of the highway. I have floated the aquaduct from the bridge at Mazuorka Canyon road south to the bridge north of Lone Pine.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...h&z=17&iwloc=A