Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2009, 10:24 AM   #1
Bryantfish

new to the sport

hello my name is Tom.. I am new to this great sport i just wanted to say hello and i will see u guys out there...

I just bought a cobra fish and dive fully loaded! u can see pics of it on the for sale forums under cobra fish and dive!

I will be taking my yak out thursday to la jolla to practice getting in and out of the surf

if u have any tips that would be nice

later

oh ya red bull races are this sat and sunday at san diego bay i will be out there to to watch the race and to do some fishing! OH ya!
Bryantfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
467echo
Rookie of the Month Club

This is a good video to watch before you go to LJ.
http://forum.kayak4fish.com/viewtopic.php?t=9644
Old 05-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #3
Bryantfish

Thanks for the link that is really going to help out.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #4
Dan

Congrats on the new boat - good luck Thursday. the windswell is making the launch a bit tougher than usual, so stash your crap and paddle hard!
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:55 PM   #5
Bryantfish

yeah i am not bring any of my gear this trip... just my PFD and the paddle just going to practice going out and coming in over and over again.. i want to get good at it before i bring any gear with me .. but thanks for the tip!
Old 05-07-2009, 06:44 AM   #6
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Welcome to the sport of kayak fishing! You are doing the right thing, going with boat, FPD, paddle only to get the mechanics of surf launching. Today should be a great day for practice. It is actually quite fun surfing waves when you don't have to worry about damaging gear!

Come introduce yourself at this meeting, you may or may not know but our sport is in danger of either going extinct, or severely limited.

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ead.php?t=5010

Chris
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:26 PM   #7
njovin
Junior

Awesome video, thanks for that. Bryantfish and I went out today, paddled out to the kelp patties and then came back in and did a half dozen landings, most were good, a few were wet. Hopefully soon you'll see us coming in with some fish.
njovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:08 PM   #8
Bryantfish

ya that was a good fun day.. i crashed more than i got in safe.. but the surf was bigger then norm. so i was told. but had a great time anyways cant wait to do it again! maybe next time with a little gear!
Old 05-07-2009, 06:09 PM   #9
Bryantfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Mackerel View Post
Welcome to the sport of kayak fishing! You are doing the right thing, going with boat, FPD, paddle only to get the mechanics of surf launching. Today should be a great day for practice. It is actually quite fun surfing waves when you don't have to worry about damaging gear!

Come introduce yourself at this meeting, you may or may not know but our sport is in danger of either going extinct, or severely limited.

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ead.php?t=5010

Chris

i checked out the web site and that sounds like fun.. but i already have some plans that weeekend... going down to the beach house to do some fishing on my new toy! but thanks for the invite