Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2009, 12:34 PM   #1
Malibuslayer
Junior

Malibu Fishing

Hey guys my name is Travis I am new to the site. I was sent here by Billy V who I met a few days ago at the launch at shores. An introduction for myself, I grew up in San Diego, pinheaded on a couple sportfishing boats and worked at SQC Fishing durring highschool. I am now going to school at pepperdine in malibu and have been trying to do some fishing up here our of my prowler 15. Ive been dragging some rapalas around pt dume looking for some threashers, have been floating around the same area looking for rockfish, and have casught some bass while drifting some areas for halibut. I know very little about the malibu area and would really like to get some fish. Any suggestions/advice you have for this area would be great, or even better I would love to fish with any of you up here. Thanks.

Last edited by Malibuslayer; 05-18-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Malibuslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:42 PM   #2
JD

Malibu

I lived in your area for a while myself. Although I never fished those waters I do know the reputation the Topanga Canyon area has for holding Halibut. Matter of fact, there are a couple of big PB tourneys there each year that target only Flatties.

I couldn't tell you about thereshers in the area, i've never targeted them, nor caught them in topanga or anywhere?

In the Wintertime, in know there is big Lobster there!
Old 05-18-2009, 05:41 PM   #3
Billy V

Hi Travis welcome to the site.
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:58 PM   #4
805gregg

I've both beach dived and fished from a boat at Leo Carillo, easy launch and I've caught a 40#+ halibut right out in the Kelp.
805gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:24 PM   #5
j mo

Try "zeros" and "heavens"
j mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:41 AM   #6
MVC

You might try looking at baytubers.com. Alot of the guys in that website live and fish in the Malibu area.
MVC is offline   Reply With Quote