Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2011, 10:01 AM   #1
MuddyMike

WTB 2 Kayak Trailer

My father just bought a couple Hobies, and a rack system for his small SUV. The problem is that after loading it up a couple times, a roof system isn't going to cut it for him. ($400 down the toilet)

So, we're in the market for an inexpensive trailer that will safely tow an Outback and Revolution.

Easier loading and unloading for a 65 y/o guy and stable traveling is the ultimate goal here.

Any suggestions, or if anyone has a line on something used for sale, please reply.

Thanks
MuddyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:03 AM   #2
Siebler

What kind of budget you looking at? Malone makes some very nice trailers that start at a very reasonable price especially since they come with a warranty.

We will be doing some kind of price break for Fred Hall. If you want to shoot me an email or call and discuss prices feel free to lemme know.

cj@oeexpress.com
866-587-2990

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:21 PM   #3
MuddyMike

The budget we were hoping for was <$500. I think we have it under control though. He found a neat little fold-up Haul-Master trailer (Harbor Freight $300) that a friend is going to help rig up for the kayaks.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #4
BrokeLoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyMike View Post
The budget we were hoping for was <$500. I think we have it under control though. He found a neat little fold-up Haul-Master trailer (Harbor Freight $300) that a friend is going to help rig up for the kayaks.
Do those come with titles or do you have to go do that whole special construction thing?
BrokeLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:50 PM   #5
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeLoser View Post
Do those come with titles or do you have to go do that whole special construction thing?
Yes let me know also, I may be interested in these as well. I saw them at Harbor and wondered if they could be made to work.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:22 PM   #6
MuddyMike

Seems like it's not a hassle to register after searching around. This thread is from 2009, but it seems like these guys had no problem: http://www.st-owners.com/forums/show...r-registration

I'll post back with details next week after we find out first hand.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:55 PM   #7
BrokeLoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 View Post
Yes let me know also, I may be interested in these as well. I saw them at Harbor and wondered if they could be made to work.
I looked into this a long time ago for hauling my motorcycles..they didn't come with titles and by the time you spent the time and money to modify them to work for a niche use then spent the time and energy with the dmv and all to get them titled it just didn't seem worth it.
BrokeLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:37 AM   #8
Jimmyz123

Quote:
I looked into this a long time ago for hauling my motorcycles..they didn't come with titles and by the time you spent the time and money to modify them to work for a niche use then spent the time and energy with the dmv and all to get them titled it just didn't seem worth it.
Thanks for posting that up. I finally have my car top loaders the way I like them. If I bought a trailer I'd have to find a place to store it when not using it. Not easy in a townhome complex.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:16 AM   #9
MuddyMike

Quote:
The DMV part really isn't that bad, especially if you have AAA. You're going to have to go to the DMV to transfer the title on anything with a title already anyway.

I verified from harbor freight they do come with a certificate of origination.

About a year ago, I bought a trailer to tow behind my Goldwing from a private party. It was purchased out of state, and was never registered, so I was the first owner. There was no title or paperwork. I was in and out of the AAA DMV in about 20 minutes. They just came out and documented the serial number.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:36 PM   #10
Fish4Fun

Kayalk trailer

I got tire of loading my revo on my SUV roof racks. I looked at the HB trailer and finally went and got a used jetski trailer. I got one spec. for a single jetski for below $200 in CL. It is about 4.5 ft wide (wheel to wheel) and can easily be configured to hold 2 kayaks, just by turning the wood bunks around. Or you can also find a way to use the roof racks your Dad bought on the trailer so it don't got to waste. Hope this idea helps.
Fish4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:16 AM   #11
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Talking

what about this?

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ead.php?t=9639

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:23 AM   #12
MuddyMike

I'd be all over that (or a toy hauler in general) if I had 10k. Something I want to get this year since that's the only way I'd get the woman to go "camping" with me.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:18 AM   #13
lgdpt

just find a used seadoo trailer...I bought a flawless one for $200 on craigslist.
lgdpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:27 PM   #15
Lets_Fish

Hobie Cat trailer in Temecula

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/boa/2249935605.html
Lets_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:42 PM   #16
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

brokeloser just posted up a trailer for sale.

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ead.php?t=9719

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote