Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 06-19-2018, 06:20 AM   #1
goldenglory18

Outsiders perspective on SoCal/Salt fishing

Not a huge Ike fan (dude, calm the F down) but this is EXACTLY how I felt when I first fished big blue...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tPGm1hf-IU
goldenglory18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:09 AM   #2
lookoutdj

Haha... That's the first time I've watched that guy, kinda high energy. For the life of me I can't figure out how he didn't flip his kayak?
lookoutdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:40 AM   #3
goldenglory18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookoutdj View Post
Haha... That's the first time I've watched that guy, kinda high energy. For the life of me I can't figure out how he didn't flip his kayak?
He's a very successful Bass circuit angler (Bassmasters Champ and multiple Angler of the Year.) I knew he had a show but have never seen it. It very much captures his energy that he always seems to have. Check this **** out.....the dude is insane..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvdQYnnr1s4

As for the lack of tipping......that's a PA for ya. He was pushing it pretty hard too as his guide even mentioned to stop leaning so far. It's a hell of a sales pitch for those boats....LOL
goldenglory18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:47 PM   #4
lookoutdj

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenglory18 View Post
He's a very successful Bass circuit angler (Bassmasters Champ and multiple Angler of the Year.) I knew he had a show but have never seen it. It very much captures his energy that he always seems to have. Check this **** out.....the dude is insane..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvdQYnnr1s4

As for the lack of tipping......that's a PA for ya. He was pushing it pretty hard too as his guide even mentioned to stop leaning so far. It's a hell of a sales pitch for those boats....LOL
Haha... That video was Amazing! I have a PA and always feel super stable in it but I was with a buddy that rolled his in the bay just by reaching too quickly for his rod that was falling overboard. Granted, my friend is a bigger guy and his seat was in the higher position. It was cracking me up how the guy from Hobie kept getting on him about leaning to hard.
lookoutdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:19 PM   #5
bmercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookoutdj View Post

Seriously, I have a Revo and the halibut would have taken me back down to the bottom if I tried that. Painful to watch because I was expecting him to flip.
bmercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 04:12 PM   #6
YTHunter
Carlisle

Hard to believe it from this video, but this guy's career winnings is $2,531,205!
YTHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:44 PM   #7
ship 4 brains

That was fun to watch.
ship 4 brains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:29 PM   #8
TheBentRod

Urban fishing

He had a show about urban fishing in local city lakes that I enjoyed. He has gotten into it. He is Too hyper on these videos for me, but nice work honestly.
TheBentRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:18 AM   #9
nmeofun
Junior

It was City Limits Fishing. I enjoyed it a lot as he fished rivers inside large city limits. Quite entertaining. I did get tired of his hooting and hollering and theatrics, but is is a good fisherperson.

Here's a link to one episode they recently put up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uue3iI0FV00&t=72s
nmeofun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:27 AM   #10
jorluivil

Pretty cool video

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote