Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2009, 06:07 AM   #1
'Cuda

Abreojos/Bocana 9/17-23

No matter how many times I tried, Photobucket would not let me post the pics in order so they are reversed....so start at the bottom.
I stopped at the ramp on the way home....beautiful as always but no wsb love.

My last day I was going back out to the yf spot for a try at dorado but this swell hit and no way to launch and I had to leave the next day. Beautiful waves tho'...reminded me of Hawaii.

My third day I launched about 300yds north of the boca at La Bocana and paddled straight out about a mile and luckily on top of a huge bait ball so thick my fishfinder read 6ft....as I was reeling in my rapala, I hooked the first yt....then it was jig a sardine, pin it on my bait rig and drop it below the bait ball for 2 more yt released (my first release...felt good).

Sierra
[IMG]
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p361/barracuda016/Abreojos09024.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]
My first day, I paddled straight out due east from the lighthouse 2 miles to blue water and 80ft. depth trolling a daisy chain with a rapala on the end and immediately landed the yellowfin....my first ever and quite a thrill.
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p361/barracuda016/Abreojos09004.jpg[/IMG]
'Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote