Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 11-28-2014, 09:27 PM   #1
JeffB

Tidelands 11-28

I've been itching to get out of the boat and into the kayak for quite a while now and finally did so. I headed out to SI yesterday search for halibut with a bounce ball rig paired w/ a crankbait. Caught a decent amount of bass and a cpl pig scoulpin. There where no halibut to be found though. So I wanted to get outside the bay and do a little more Hali hunting, but plans changed. Wife told me she wanted to go kayaking at Coronado today, so I loaded up the yaks and headed to Tidelands and made a family day out of it. I was able to get a solid cpl hrs in before she showed up and the. Another 2hrs in once she left. The bass bite was nonstop all day for me. I was surprised there was no halibut to join the party, but I guess I can't catch them every time.

Once my wife showed up I put her and my son in the little kayak. It wasn't long until my son found his way into my Revo (watching my wife paddle was a no brainier to rescue him for all of our safety)! Made it interesting fishing, but made it work. My son had a blast, so it was all worth it. We got him on some fish and he was fired up. He was calling out the fish for us while we waited for a bite. I managed to get him a handful of hook ups. Overall a gorgeous day on the water and a good time with the wife a kid. Can't wait till he is a cpl yrs older so that he can use his own kayak.
Attached Images

Old 11-28-2014, 09:35 PM   #2
JeffB

Joe's Crab Shack

He was trying to catch a fish while I was getting the yaks ready to go.
Attached Images

Old 11-28-2014, 10:15 PM   #3
King Saba

Father son trips are special. He looks like he had fun. lol I'd be scared to have a pricey set-up in the hands of a little one.
King Saba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 10:40 AM   #4
JeffB

That's his new reel, fits his little hands perfect. Only holds like 75yrds of line. It's a little Calcutta 100 Japan version of the D