Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2014, 02:55 PM   #1
Seanbarnett
Junior

Helping the next generation

Im 16 years old, go to palisades high school and i love to fish, no one else in my family does so its hard for me to get out on the water and no one to teach me anything, I bought a fishing kayak hoping to get out more often but i dont really know what i'm doing. If anyone has any old gear that they don't need anymore I'm looking to buy but i don't have much money left, and if you are going out and willing to let me tag along and teach me some stuff it would be very helpful. I have a truck too so if you live near me in Los angeles i could pick you and your gear up and drive us to La Jolla or anywhere you want to go.
Seanbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:17 PM   #2
Jkfish136

I have a penn jig master 500 used once with a shimano rod you can have for $50.
Jkfish136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:51 PM   #3
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

gotta love the jigmaster!!

Caught this guy on Saturday trolling the cedar plug on my buddy's boat with the trusty Penn jigmaster 500!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG952014072695172839725.jpg (44.8 KB, 127 views)
Old 07-30-2014, 09:49 PM   #4
cell128
lizard king

Nice tuna!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
cell128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:09 PM   #5
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cell128 View Post
Nice tuna!!!

Thanks bro, I'm hoping to get back out there for more!! Haven't taken the yak out in a few weeks. How about you?
Old 07-30-2014, 10:12 PM   #6
cell128
lizard king

Havent had a chance..I was gonna go to LJ tomorrow but had to come into work tonight. I'm gonna try n get on a cattle boat though my buddy went yesterday and between him,his bro and dad got 12 yellowfin tunas....

cell128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:03 PM   #7
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cell128 View Post
Havent had a chance..I was gonna go to LJ tomorrow but had to come into work tonight. I'm gonna try n get on a cattle boat though my buddy went yesterday and between him,his bro and dad got 12 yellowfin tunas....

That's bad ass! ! I'm planning on going on one not this weekend, but the next. My buddy is coming down from Bakersfield and wants to go, so we gotta make it happen! I want more tuna!! I picked up my daiwa lexa 400 matched with a daiwa proteus heavy 8' rod, nice and light but tough enough for the big ones. Got it loaded with 65 lb super slick and picked up a bunch of surface irons and some waxwings in case of some surface boils. It'll be perfect for la jolla yellowtail. Haven't made it down there yet.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:30 AM   #8
oneyedeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanbarnett View Post
Im 16 years old, go to palisades high school and i love to fish, no one else in my family does so its hard for me to get out on the water and no one to teach me anything, I bought a fishing kayak hoping to get out more often but i dont really know what i'm doing. If anyone has any old gear that they don't need anymore I'm looking to buy but i don't have much money left, and if you are going out and willing to let me tag along and teach me some stuff it would be very helpful. I have a truck too so if you live near me in Los angeles i could pick you and your gear up and drive us to La Jolla or anywhere you want to go.
not a bad trade free ride and a fishing partner!

just post on discussion where and when you want to go and put it on the title....plenty of guys on this board will more then welcome a fishing partner....it's just safer that way
oneyedeer is offline   Reply With Quote