Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2010, 07:24 AM   #1
Jim Sammons LJKF

Back from Georgia and Jacksonville

Just back from shooting a few episodes of our show in Georgia and Jacksonville. The weather was pretty much like it is here right now. Too much wind!!!!!
Still had a great time and managed to get some Redfish, Trout and Flounder plus some blue fish and sharks.

After spending 7 days in GA we headed to Jacksonville for the JAX kayak fishing classic. This was a huge tournament with 430 kayak anglers entered. IT was a very well run event but it was the raffle from hell, which lasted about 4 hours. We only fished for about 3 hours the morning of the tournament as we had to get some shots of the other anglers and the wind came up early which pretty much ruined our attitudes after having already fought the wind for the previous 8 days. This is a CPR tournament based on fish length. I caught a 16 inch flounder which was good for a tie for 9th, but with the ties it comes down to check in time which put me at 12th. Still 12th out of 430 was not too bad considering this is not my style of fishing. Of course the fact that an 8 year old girl beat me was pretty funny.
It was very cool walking around the parking lot at the check in and seeing many BWE and Kayak Fishing Supplies stickers on the trucks.
Great trip but good to be home, next stop for us is Mazatlan in two weeks where we will spend 3 days LMB fishing and 3 days fishing the salt.
I hope I can spend some time in LJ before heading out again, I am missing my home waters.
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:32 AM   #2
Billy V

Bluefish were the staple of my fishing career.
-Yellowtail with teeth. although only 15-20 lbs they fight hard.
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:05 AM   #3
Jim Sammons LJKF

No kidding those Bluefish are like Piranha, I had foul hooked one and when I went to grab it as it was spinning around it grabbed my finger and bit the hell out of me.
You can see a report and some photos from the GA segment of the trip from Randy Vining over at GA kayak fishing.
http://atlantakayakfishing.com/forum...hp?f=39&t=9593
JimSammons.com
Old 05-11-2010, 12:45 PM   #4
baitcasterboy20

where can you watch the kayak fishing show episodes online

i've looked almost everywhere and nobody has the episodes online.
baitcasterboy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:47 PM   #5
Jim Sammons LJKF

They are not available on line at this time. WFN has exclusive distribution rights at this time.
JimSammons.com
Old 05-12-2010, 04:07 PM   #6
T Bone

Hey Jim whats shakin' I wonder if you know anything about Direct TV possibly getting WFN.I did a petition at the FHS(With those girls that looked like they were shoplifting cantalopes under there tank tops)and did one on line.
Just thought you might now something.Dylan is doing very well.we are definitely on the downhill side of his treatment.I plan on bringing him to the Moyer tourney this year.

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
T Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:15 AM   #7
Jim Sammons LJKF

I have heard Direct is close to getting WFN.
Great to hear about Dylan, I look forward to seeing you both at the Moyer Tournament
JimSammons.com