Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2017, 04:22 PM   #1
momo fish

El Capitan

That's fishing, your either get lucky and they show up or they don't for a million reason.. We got lucky.. bigger grades, brutal fight and hell of fun with my charter.. nothing under 100# ..best way to fish if you can on charters... leave with truck load and smiles to last till last smoked tuna is done..

momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:20 PM   #2
maquinapescado

Damn, momo had a sick trip there. Bottom line when you put your fishing into the hands of someone else you have to be careful of where you set your expectations.

Chris said it best, definitely not the experience most self contained kayak fisherman seek.

I'd personally rather skunk myself than have a terrible experience on a cattle boat. I've had bite of a lifetime experiences ruined by 20 rental rod coffee grinders wrapping up my line to no end. Braid only cuts so many people off.

If you are going to go, I recommend holding off on multiple over-nighters to fork up the time and money for a minimum three day. You get more serious fisherman, more time on the water and better customer service. Otherwise, go hunt them out on your yak or buy a boat.

Sorry you didn't get your fish you caught. You can kind of blame them and kind of blame yourself. I say this with total sarcasm but, "Next time be a real fisherman and gill and gut only so you can harvest head, collars and all."
Old 09-22-2017, 02:36 PM   #3
JamesM
Junior

TJ, thanks for sharing your experience. Your post is just the right timing to me. I was thinking to try Liberty 3/4 day at SD as my 1st ticket in SoCal fishing. But after reading your post and others comments I am a bit hesitant to make the call now. On the other hand, taking my kayak and drive all the way down from bay area to SD for a day or two fishing probably isn't the best idea either. Is there anything you would recommend? Many thanks!
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:30 PM   #4
TJones

Mo mo

Thread Jacker
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:35 PM   #5
TJones

My fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by maquinapescado View Post
Damn, momo had a sick trip there. Bottom line when you put your fishing into the hands of someone else you have to be careful of where you set your expectations.

Chris said it best, definitely not the experience most self contained kayak fisherman seek.

I'd personally rather skunk myself than have a terrible experience on a cattle boat. I've had bite of a lifetime experiences ruined by 20 rental rod coffee grinders wrapping up my line to no end. Braid only cuts so many people off.

If you are going to go, I recommend holding off on multiple over-nighters to fork up the time and money for a minimum three day. You get more serious fisherman, more time on the water and better customer service. Otherwise, go hunt them out on your yak or buy a boat.

Sorry you didn't get your fish you caught. You can kind of blame them and kind of blame yourself. I say this with total sarcasm but, "Next time be a real fisherman and gill and gut only so you can harvest head, collars and all."
Papa did not raise no fool. Second time around, I'll take fish whole. Thank you.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:32 PM   #6
TJones

More details

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo fish View Post
That's fishing, your either get lucky and they show up or they don't for a million reason.. We got lucky.. bigger grades, brutal fight and hell of fun with my charter.. nothing under 100# ..best way to fish if you can on charters... leave with truck load and smiles to last till last smoked tuna is done..

How many did you get?