Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2013, 06:53 AM   #1
oneyedeer

Got the Clear for HDS5...Where to buy?how much? other options?

Finally saved enough for a decent fishfinder. I got my eye on a hds5. What is consider a great deal? I'm not in a hurry? I know from some threads that every now and then westmarine has it on sell and to price match at basspro shop or vice versa. I know I should get the model with 50/200 transducer. Is this system plug and play? Do I need to purchase additional maps? If so which one should i purchase for Southern cali ocean fishing? Sorry I got lots of questions graduated from m68c

Thanks in advance for post and pm welcome...thanks!
oneyedeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:18 AM   #2
jorluivil

I would go with Westmarine, their customer service is second to none. If you're not on their mailing list go online and sign up for it, they usually send the mailers out regarding the sales about a week before the sale start date. Also, make sure you buy the additional insurance, you can't go wrong with it.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:18 AM   #3
Ddwineguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
I would go with Westmarine, their customer service is second to none. If you're not on their mailing list go online and sign up for it, they usually send the mailers out regarding the sales about a week before the sale start date. Also, make sure you buy the additional insurance, you can't go wrong with it.
X2. Nice to buy somewhere at a brick and mortar store. Makes it a lot easier if a problem does arise.
Ddwineguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:30 AM   #4
Lipripper92592

The GPSStore.com has some great deals, I picked up my HDS5 there and a few other gps units.
Lipripper92592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #5
jorluivil

Another thing to consider is how deep you'll be fishing. You can save yourself a ton of money by switching to Geico........I mean, you can save yourself some money by getting the standard 83/200 transducer instead of the 50/200.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #6
467echo
Rookie of the Month Club

I searched all over online and printed the page out and brought it to West Marine and they matched it. Then I bought the extended warranty with the $ I saved.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:26 AM   #7
oneyedeer

I finally pulled the trigger! Didn't get it on sale but figure WM has a ridiculous customer service and the rep told me if it goes on sale just give him a call for price adjustment. two thumbs up!
oneyedeer is offline   Reply With Quote