Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
Zfish03

02/01/13 Yellow Fever

Hit the beach at 0600, and what a nice morning it was! There were at least 4-5 other cars already there. Low tide and lake conditions at the launch.
We made our way to the grounds to look for some squirts, had some fresh dead just in case. After a few hours with no luck finding bait, a large school of fin bait came through around 0800. Perfect size mini macks and dines!
As I was making bait had a large whale breach about 15-20ft next to me, pooped myself a little when I could make out the sillhouette under me as I struggled to give it the right of way, then it breached again another 20ft away!
I've lived by the ocean my whole life and it never ceases to amazing me...

At approximatley 0930-1000 it was on! The school was hungry, in a matter of minutes a few yakers and boats hooked up. Wade was next to me and watched him get slammed then taken for a sleigh ride. I had just put a fresh mini mack on the dropper loops and sent it down a few cranks off the bottom. Within a minute I felt the chew got a solid hook set and off I went on my sleigh ride!
My first yellowtail from a kayak! Stoked!

Just as quick as they came, the school was gone.
Invited my new friend to have sushi and watch the superbowl!

Happy catching everyone.

Last edited by Zfish03; 02-04-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Zfish03 is offline   Reply With Quote