Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2010, 11:53 AM   #21
FISHIONADO

I'm a veteran, my dad is a veteran, my two brothers are veterans, and none of us would ever talk that way to any game warden or DFG officer. Still appreciate your service in Bumfukistan, seriously.
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:26 PM   #22
Whizz Bang

Yeah Fish, I know, I see it all the time in the Army, Navy, and Marines. The blind allegiance to anything resembling an authority figure is prevalent and symptomatic of the big military. Thankfully, the Special Operations community teaches us to think for ourselves. Thanks for your support and your family's service. Seriously.
Whizz Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:17 PM   #23
umoa
Junior

check your pm. don't delete it, overzealous agents should be shown off since they mar the reputation of the agency as a whole. They should remember who pays their salary.
umoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:18 PM   #24
Aaron

I'll preface this with this...I like ya Wade. You may not be able to put a face to my screen name, but we've crossed paths a bunch out there. Your videos are fun. I've given you bait on the water. We've pulled on fish at the same time. Its always more lively on the water with you out there. You're a good guy. So nothing personal...

Officers (DFG, police, military, etc.) are trained, both by formal and real-life training, to identify problems. I'm not going to walk around outside of a bank with a skimask and a trenchcoat on, writing notes on small pieces of paper to myself and then get pissed if a cop comes up to me and says "Don't even think about going in that bank." You don't even need to be a cop to get an analogy like that. How about you see me walking around your car with a pry bar and a flash light looking in the windows. I'm pretty sure you'd send a "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" my way. And it would be well deserved.

By the looks and the sounds of things (a reason you gave for measuring them on the beach was, "I measured them again because I knew you were going to hit me up."), you were measuring them because you saw DFG and wanted to make 1000% sure that you were 10000% legal (which is COMPLETELY understandable). We all know you and we've all seen you throw back some pretty rad fish. Huge props for how much you respect that fishery. But to that warden who probably isn't a BWE member and only knows you from a few similar interactions on the beach, you're just another guy on the beach trying to measure his catch when it's already too late. Who knows what he had to deal with just prior to approaching you. I think he said it perfect with his Shakespearean quote; "Me thinks thou protests too much."

BTW, Can someone point out exactly what the warden said that was so incredibly inflammatory? Its always a bit odd to me when people say that the officer didn't talk to them nice enough. Its even more peculiar when they make that statement after they've cursed, laid out their life's work, and called the officer a nazi. Try that with a real douchebag nazi cop and you'll be paying for the dent on the hood of the car made via your face when you "tripped and fell and landed on it", all according to the police report of course. I'm just saying, there are d'bags and their are D'BAGS. This guy saw something suspicious that he's probably seen a thousand times from guys that do not have the same integrity as Wade, and jumped on it. That resulted in two guys, both with valid points, having a heated discussion on the beach. That's it, plain and simple. Doesn't mean that the DFG is ran by nazis.

Wade, killer evening on the water! Enjoy the bugs. And THANKS for ONLY keeping the true keepers. You seemed stoked out there and caught a killer bbq's worth and this shouldn't distract from that. Its really no big deal. I'm sure the warden dealt with worse that night. My personal report...Dove last night in Laguna, everything we handled was borderline except for one that my buddy kept. Vis was about 5-10 feet and the surge was pretty bad where we dove ("Jack in the box" for those familiar with the area).
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:26 PM   #25
FISHIONADO

You make a lot of assumptions about me and the dfg guy, you have no idea, but I say fuck the little stuff. Hope you get to do the job we are capable of doing or come home soon, either way wish you a long and fortunate life!

Last edited by FISHIONADO; 10-03-2010 at 02:45 PM. Reason: changed "a" to "and"
Old 10-03-2010, 02:42 PM   #26
T Bone

so,how bout' those Padres?....

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
T Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 05:54 PM   #27
erinoo

Geez...Wade, I guess it was good that I couldn't find you Friday night. Hey, I could have helped out that night..You know one Warden to another..My animals are a hell of lot meaner than his.. I only had 4 keepers, not bad for my first time out and by myself. what time did get in? 12:30 for me.....
erinoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:06 PM   #28
Dan

Wade, you got some Sisu.

Last edited by Dan; 10-03-2010 at 07:14 PM. Reason: I'm a vegan
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:55 PM   #29
kurt

I like your guys passion. I assume I'll see you all at the public comment for the MLPA.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:34 PM   #30
yani

Wade,

I just can't take it anymore...

"I'm a conservationist, I'm an animal rights activist, I'm a vegan".

How about trying: I'm a Greek, I just want to eat!??

You are my favorite Greek God!!! Wadedisheous!
The God From Lobster Hell.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:32 AM   #31
stairman

take up hunting

Funny thing about wardens.....when you are out in the field with a loaded gun in your hand while hunting I have never gotten any attitude at all.....why is that?
protect our second ammendment!
stairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:30 AM   #32
maui jim

Wade if your gonna f-ck a lobster use alot of butter

nice vid.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:49 AM   #33
Matt
Support your local pangas

Lighten up Francis......."I release monster fish and 3 1/4" lobster" ......your the raddest Wade!!!! Hahaha
Old 10-04-2010, 09:33 AM   #34
danny
Danny

I 2nd that they are much more polite when they know you are armed.
danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:47 PM   #35
Siebler

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny View Post
I 2nd that they are much more polite when they know you are armed.

So not true, I know from a lot of experiences with DFG, CBP, and SDPD.....

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:19 PM   #36
Gino

Oh well big deal. a Little confrontation is the spice in life.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:29 PM   #37
maui jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
so,how bout' those Padres?....
I grew up In SD and went to few Padre games....I tired of hearing about the Angels and Dodgers
Old 10-06-2010, 07:05 PM   #38
stairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siebler View Post
So not true, I know from a lot of experiences with DFG, CBP, and SDPD.....
How so not true......I can say the sun won't rise tommorow but you'll want proof.Give us the wisdom of your expiriences?

I have been "in contact " with probably forty cdfg agents in the past forty years and have sees a trend towards armed stop and quetion expieriences being polite and agreeable and non armed ones having a different flavor....and yes by the same agents.Tell of your expiriences,don't just disagree.
I stand behind what I have observed.When approached by a wary dfg agent when armed they are very polite and respectful of your rights.
This is not a coincidence.
Defend your second amendment rights with your votes!

To get off subject....A while ago I made a comment deriding liberals at the lj kayak launch site....One kayak fisherman spoke up and said he was a liberal.Which in this day and age makes you a democrat voter.I was extremely curious how someone could vote for the peope that want to close down lj to fishing....the mans answer was not logical or cogent.
When you go to the ballot box in november remember who and what party is the one party that wants to shut down your fishing and releasing what you don't need.Vote appropriately to what will directly affect your life....not some pie in the sky perfect world.If you want to continue to fish lj and you vote for the ex governor you might as well sell you kayak for much less then it will otherwise be worth....but then you have lotsa money right?

Politics is a bitch....freedom is worth the price.
stairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:20 PM   #39
FISHIONADO

Arnold Swarchenegger is a Republican... an inconvenient truth to your beliefs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stairman View Post
How so not true......I can say the sun won't rise tommorow but you'll want proof.Give us the wisdom of your expiriences?

I have been "in contact " with probably forty cdfg agents in the past forty years and have sees a trend towards armed stop and quetion expieriences being polite and agreeable and non armed ones having a different flavor....and yes by the same agents.Tell of your expiriences,don't just disagree.
I stand behind what I have observed.When approached by a wary dfg agent when armed they are very polite and respectful of your rights.
This is not a coincidence.
Defend your second amendment rights with your votes!

To get off subject....A while ago I made a comment deriding liberals at the lj kayak launch site....One kayak fisherman spoke up and said he was a liberal.Which in this day and age makes you a democrat voter.I was extremely curious how someone could vote for the peope that want to close down lj to fishing....the mans answer was not logical or cogent.
When you go to the ballot box in november remember who and what party is the one party that wants to shut down your fishing and releasing what you don't need.Vote appropriately to what will directly affect your life....not some pie in the sky perfect world.If you want to continue to fish lj and you vote for the ex governor you might as well sell you kayak for much less then it will otherwise be worth....but then you have lotsa money right?

Politics is a bitch....freedom is worth the price.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:04 PM   #40
deepdvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHIONADO View Post
Arnold Swarchenegger is a Republican... an inconvenient truth to your beliefs.

Stairman - Rather than spewing the political rhetoric, how about committing to the October MLPA meeting????

DFG agents have a shit job. I don't think I'd want to be hunting down scumbag poachers and doing license checks all day long, especially for what they get paid. Can they be more cordial and customer service oriented? Sure they can. But, it always takes two to tango.

Some smart dude said, "more bees with honey". I'm bringing a big ass jar of it to pour on all those blue shirt MLPA huggers
deepdvr is offline   Reply With Quote