Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2008, 07:24 AM   #1
landwhale

Andy you should come fishing with me

Meet up with Scott and Joe from Team Pinnacle on Saturday afternoon for some spottie fishing. Always looking for that bigger Spottie. Still having the most confidence in the Spinner Bait I pretty much threw it all day. Caught a nice 2.8lb spottie.

Tried a number of spots and in one hooked a fish that was pulling drag and considering that I throw the blade tied strait to 65lb braid dipped in UNI BUTTER and the drag buttoned down it has to be big. Got the fish next to the kayak and saw the biggest spottie I have ever seen. While struggling to get the net out of my rod holder she dove into the grass and was gone. After the shock wore of I started working the area again knowing that fish would not bite the blade again today. Scott and Joe headed off to try another area after witnessing my losing struggle. About 10 minutes latter game on this time I had the net in my lap not going to make that mistake again. After a few runs on the 65lb braid I get it to the kayak and net it right away

18 inches and 3.2lbs my first 3lb spottie WHAT A DAY good fishing with the Pinnacle boys and a new personal best!!!!!!!!!!!!

landwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:39 AM   #2
Iceman
Administrator

Very nice PB!!!...........thought you guys were gonna show me some new spots.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:21 AM   #3
landwhale

Did find a new one if your up to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

landwhale is offline   Reply With Quote