Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2010, 12:18 PM   #1
Spyder

11/14 Bass trifecta & flatties

Launched my kayak out of SI at 0630 into a slow outgoing tide. Got to my first spot and it was like the feesh were waiting for me. First up was a couple sandies, then 3 short flatties in a row. Moved up to another spot and caught 2 more just short flatties and a little squirt checker. Started working my way back in around 11:00 and got into a decent spottie bite.

Fish caught using jerk baits, swimming mullets, and 4" swim bait agua/clear flake/black dipped in Unibutter.

Found a MOBRI Cylindrical Radar Reflector floating around. Alot of sailboats around so maybe it came from one of them. No personal markings on it so it would be hard to say whose it is. I have no need for it so if anyone needs one let me know and maybe we can work a trade or something.

Had 2 adult porpoise and a baby come and swim around me for awhile. All kinds of small bait and macs in the water so maybe thats why. Was cool to see them up so close in shallow water.

A good morning out on the bay, warm, slight breeze, and fish were hungry.

Peace,

Spyder

Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:17 PM   #2
kobra

Congrats on the trifecta Spyder. It was nice to meet you.
kobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:48 PM   #3
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
Launched my kayak out of SI at 0630 into a slow outgoing tide. Got to my first spot and it was like the feesh were waiting for me. First up was a couple sandies, then 3 short flatties in a row. Moved up to another spot and caught 2 more just short flatties and a little squirt checker. Started working my way back in around 11:00 and got into a decent spottie bite.

Fish caught using jerk baits, swimming mullets, and 4" swim bait agua/clear flake/black dipped in Unibutter.

Found a MOBRI Cylindrical Radar Reflector floating around. Alot of sailboats around so maybe it came from one of them. No personal markings on it so it would be hard to say whose it is. I have no need for it so if anyone needs one let me know and maybe we can work a trade or something.

Had 2 adult porpoise and a baby come and swim around me for awhile. All kinds of small bait and macs in the water so maybe thats why. Was cool to see them up so close in shallow water.

A good morning out on the bay, warm, slight breeze, and fish were hungry.

Peace,

Spyder

Thanks for the great report, I was out on Saturday and saw a lot of bait fish swimming around. I too had porpoise swimming around and of course the sea lions. It was my first time seeing those that close on my Yak, kind of cool actually.
Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:00 PM   #4
Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobra View Post
Congrats on the trifecta Spyder. It was nice to meet you.
Good meeting you as well. How did you do yesterday?
Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:24 AM   #5
Jzo

Thx for the report.
Jzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:14 PM   #6
kobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
Good meeting you as well. How did you do yesterday?

Only caught 2 sandies, a sculpin, and a bunch of lizardfish. Spent more time looking for structure for the gps. Had better luck with that. Don't know why I don't fish out of shelter island very much. Need to learn that part of the bay.
kobra is offline   Reply With Quote