Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 06-14-2017, 01:16 PM   #1
DanaYakAngler

game clip

I do not have a game clip but am going to get one. What is the best way to secure it to my PA 12?
DanaYakAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:18 PM   #2
goldenglory18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaYakAngler View Post
I do not have a game clip but am going to get one. What is the best way to secure it to my PA 12?
My first thought is a bungee and carabiner combo attached to one of your rails...
goldenglory18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:25 PM   #3
GTboosted

On my PA its attached with a rope and carabiner to a padeye on the deck. I always leave it attached and secure it with the buckles underneath the seat during transport.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:26 PM   #4
Hardbread
Junior

9ooomkmkmkm mi jk
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenglory18 View Post
My first thought is a bungee and carabiner combo attached to one of your rails...
Kbl 9ok kmik j h nnmmKyi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTboosted View Post
On my PA its attached with a rope and carabiner to a padeye on the deck. I always leave it attached and secure it with the buckles underneath the seat during transport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaYakAngler View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Hardbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:35 PM   #5
TJones

Without drilling

Use the two existing screws at front sides of kayak that are for your rudder cable pulley . Make a loop with nylon webbing and attach stainless steel ring with nylon webbing. This will be your anchor point . Be care when removing screws . Only remove one at a time when attaching nylon webbing here . Next use shockcord or nylon webbing with brass key ring holders to attach gameclip . Nylon webbing could be purchased at Rei including plastic connectors. Brass key rings could be purchased at Home Depot and also the stainless steel ring. This technique could also be used with outback. Let me know if you need photos . Do not hang fish in water and allow a predator like a shark or dog to grab your kill while anchored to kayak using this technique
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:41 PM   #6
DanaYakAngler

game clip

Do not hang fish in water and allow a predator like a shark or dog to grab your kill while anchored to kayak using this technique[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of your set up if you don't mind.

So with this set up you don't keep the fish in the water? Did I read that correctly?
Old 06-14-2017, 01:44 PM   #7
Baja_Traveler

I use an old surfboard leash and wrap the velcro closure around the base of my seat or the PA's side rail.
It also has a double use on docks - I just slip the game clip over a dock cleat to keep the boat from getting away when I'm stuck getting out at a dock instead of a ramp or beach. Came in handy at King Harbor when there was gridlock on the landing dock.
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:47 PM   #8
DanaYakAngler

game clip

Thanks for all the ideas guys, appreciate it. Anybody going out of Dana on this sat 6/17?