Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2014, 08:45 AM   #1
Hunters Pa

Umco 4500 Possum Belly and Old Wooden Tackle Boxes

Cleaning out the garage and looking to get rid of some stuff I just don't use. First is a vintage Umco Possum Belly tacklebox. This thing is HUGE

The bottom "Possum Belly" detaches and is styrofoam lined for lunch or frosty beverages. Looks like something hot was put in this one at some point and it deformed the foam slightly

10 trays accordian out. This has NO WORM BURNS like you normally see.

Ebay has these at $200 for buy it now.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/UMCO-4500-UP...ht_2827wt_1120

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-UMCO...6#ht_497wt_744

They don't make them like this anymore and goog luck finding one in this good a condition.

Make me an offer?

Also have an old wooden tacklebox with some old big hoochies, pre rigged huge hooks and some misc leadheads & such. Bought on a whim & been sitting on the shelf.

Hinges have the expected rust and the box bears the scars of the stories I wish it could tell. The dividers in the top tray are pieces of yardstick.

Offers?

I live in Fullerton and work in Huntington Beach
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:15 PM   #2
Hunters Pa

Bump. Will give it the weekend then to Craigslist or ebay
Old 08-04-2014, 10:51 PM   #3
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunters Pa View Post
Cleaning out the garage and looking to get rid of some stuff I just don't use. First is a vintage Umco Possum Belly tacklebox. This thing is HUGE

The bottom "Possum Belly" detaches and is styrofoam lined for lunch or frosty beverages. Looks like something hot was put in this one at some point and it deformed the foam slightly

10 trays accordian out. This has NO WORM BURNS like you normally see.

Ebay has these at $200 for buy it now.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/UMCO-4500-UP...ht_2827wt_1120

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-UMCO...6#ht_497wt_744

They don't make them like this anymore and goog luck finding one in this good a condition.

Make me an offer?

Also have an old wooden tacklebox with some old big hoochies, pre rigged huge hooks and some misc leadheads & such. Bought on a whim & been sitting on the shelf.

Hinges have the expected rust and the box bears the scars of the stories I wish it could tell. The dividers in the top tray are pieces of yardstick.

Offers?

I live in Fullerton and work in Huntington Beach
If I were you I'd just replace the brass hinges and latches on the wooden boxes.
If I already didn't have so many of the "old" Wordens(?) boxes, I'd buy it from you!
With all the new stuff out there over the years, I've yet to find suitable replacements for my Long Range boxes!
They just don't make anything like the Ol' Bay Ranger, Day Ranger and Long Ranger boxes. They might be heavy but I've owned them since '83/84 and they're still bombproof and (the Long Ranger) will carry "everything" (Hi-seas crimping pliers, single strand and 49 strand wire, sleeves, sinkers, bulk hooks, dozens of jigs, etc.) I need for any length of trip (especially the 10-day trips)!
I own about a half dozen Fly Tackle Bags and wish someone would come out with a large enough bag for Salt water use!
Just my thoughts,
FFY
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:51 AM   #4
Hunters Pa

Thanks FFY, the wood box is gone. Still have that beast of a freshwater box though. I'm afraid if I don't find it a good home I will go broke filling it.

There has to be someone into the vintage stuff on here