Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2010, 07:58 AM   #1
sdfisher

Lake Miramar fishing 2/5

Gonna head up to Lake miramar to do some trout fishing, the lake was stocked this week so the bite should be nice. have caught a bunch of trout in the 3-4lb range there and want to target some bigger ones

I know I might seem a little slow for wanting to catch 3-4lb trout when big yellows are being pulled out of la jolla but I friday fishing there and I am sure tomorrow will be a real parking lot out on the water due to a few recent fishing reports.

If anyone would like to join hit me up
sdfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:11 PM   #2
THE CALI HOOKUP!
Junior

I caught a eleven pound trout, split shotting on a choclate purple vain plastic worm when I was a kid
THE CALI HOOKUP! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:47 PM   #3
yakrider

I have been bitten by the freshwater bug as of late...
nuthin' wrong with catchin' trout...
4lb trout on 2lb test...good times for sure!
yakrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:54 AM   #4
rogersmith

I heard the water is below the boat launch, so kayakers and tubers will have the place to themselves. May have to get creative launching...
rogersmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:10 AM   #5
JoeBeck

Was just running there a couple days ago and the water was above the launch at the boat ramp. A better place to launch is at the very end of the east wing, You can park on the road by the portapotty, there is a good opening to put the kayak in. You are then right on trout grounds without the paddle. If you get there before sunrise you have the whole area to yourself for a good hour.
JoeBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:04 PM   #6
sterling

So how did you do? I've fished Miramar many times. A few years ago it was basically drained for constuction of a new pumping station or some such thing. It is my understanding that all the hold over trout (ie the big ones) didn't make it. I'm wondering if the lake has bigger models again?
sterling is offline   Reply With Quote