Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2023, 11:19 AM   #1
LongBeachYak
Junior

Long Beach Yak Group

Hi Guys,

I’ve taken my kayak out a few times to the breakwall. There have been a few times where things got dicey out there. I wouldn’t mind going out there in a bigger group.

I typically launch out of Belmont and peddle to the breakwall on the southern side. I haven’t really found any spots other than that. I’ve been eyeing Esther’s oil platform, but haven’t had the guts to get out there alone yet.

Let me know if interested, dm or reply.

Last edited by LongBeachYak; 07-30-2023 at 07:49 PM. Reason: To change the words.
LongBeachYak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 02:53 PM   #2
stevie951
Lurker

We would launch at cabrillo beach and fish the breakwalls on the inside for some decent rockfish and sometimes halibut.. never really launched from inside and went out.. if we wanted to fish outside we would park up by the aquarium and walk down the steps to Pt. Fermin and launch on the beach and fish outside that area.. Becareful though along with the hike down to the beach the launch can be a bit hairy

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13
stevie951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 11:12 AM   #3
LongBeachYak
Junior

Nice, your way is no doubt better. My kayak is stored in naples, which is why I just find it easier to launch out of naples. It is a workout though.
When you say breakwall, do you mean the outer wall, or the inner wall? My typical path is below
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2091.jpg (54.3 KB, 52 views)
Old 08-08-2023, 01:09 PM   #4
stevie951
Lurker

launching from cabrillo and hitting the inner breakwalls along the terminal docks and lightouse.. even on a bad day outside the inside is protected.. never really fished the islands so cant speak on that..

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13
stevie951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 07:27 PM   #5
LongBeachYak
Junior

Dang man, that seems like a nice route. It for sure beats my 1+ hour peddle out that I?m doing.