Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2020, 02:52 PM   #1
Saba Slayer

Hoopin’

This book could help answer a few if not all your questions...and it’s got some interesting lobster trivia and some good recipes too...
I hear the guy has caught a few Bugs and Crabs too...!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E15BA429-9340-4BDF-BDE3-A8CAAC64A814.jpg (57.7 KB, 250 views)
File Type: jpg EACF9262-6FAB-491B-8460-4525BDE115A8.jpg (94.6 KB, 245 views)

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 03:24 PM   #2
Harry Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saba Slayer View Post
This book could help answer a few if not all your questions...and it’s got some interesting lobster trivia and some good recipes too...
I hear the guy has caught a few Bugs and Crabs too...!
Jim, I took your seminar at Bass Pro a few years ago. Lots of good information and it still took me a couple of years to get to it. Luckily I made a friend that goes a lot and tagged along with him. I don't know where my book is, not unusual, once i read something it goes into the library never to be seen again. Until I'm looking for another book then I find the one I'm not looking for. Anyway, on the eclipse, the cords with the hooks, where do I hook them? I hooked them to the small center ring but I'm not sure that is right.
Old 09-17-2020, 03:58 PM   #3
Saba Slayer

Eclipse

Harry...
Hopefully it’s clips...but if it’s “hooks”...connect them evenly spaced on the large bottom ring..
TJones...you can make a net heavier but you can’t make it lighter...those Heavy Ambush nets are great if you’re in a private boat and hoopin in 150’ but for Zuniga and the shallow areas...the lighter Ambush nets work great unless the current is ripping...then I’ll add Hoopnet Heavies or zip tie some thick chain to the bottom hoop...
Hashim my friend...those flat nets have their place and time where they can shine...don’t discount them because they require a little technique...
When the bugs are really on the crawl in shallow water the “flat” nets are easier faster and lighter to pull...

The Sierra lobsters are pre-smoked this year...this is from Gull lake this morning...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7EC639E1-B98D-4864-BE6E-DA2C4D6CAF44.jpg (73.7 KB, 248 views)

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote