Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #1
whitedog

Selling My Hobie "Revo" Revolution Kayak $1600

Hello, I'm Selling my Hobie Mirage Revolution Kayak. It comes with Turbo Fins and the Live Bait Tank. Everything is in working order with Light Wear. I really LOVE this kayak but with a new baby I'm short on time. It's been sitting in my garage collecting dust instead of out on the open Ocean where it belongs. I bought it brand new in 2011. Selling for $1600. Message me any questions. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hobie 1.jpg (14.7 KB, 394 views)
File Type: jpg hobie 2.jpg (14.9 KB, 386 views)
File Type: jpg hobie 3.jpg (14.2 KB, 385 views)
whitedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #2
FishNinjaY

Congrats on a new baby!

Is this the 11 or the 13 ?
Sailing rudder or standard?
Paddle and seat comes with it?

Last edited by FishNinjaY; 04-03-2013 at 12:05 PM.
FishNinjaY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #3
whitedog

Thanks on the baby!

It's the 11 with standard Rudder. Yes, a paddle and seat come with it.
whitedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #4
CorvinaLoca

Revo is da bomb

Sweet yak. That's a great deal for that sled. Good luck w the sale!
CorvinaLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:04 PM   #5
steveooo

Congrats on the little one. If you are not desperate for cash, and the only reason you are selling is due to lack of time because of baby, I'd keep it if at all possible.

Having a baby does cut into your fishing time A LOT! Ive heard it will get easier to score fishing time ( i just havent reached that stage yet ) The beauty of a kayak vs a boat, is that if you want to leave it sit for a few months, and then go take it out on the rare Saturday morning, you can do that relatively easy. The motor won't give you issues, you don't need to worry about old gas or any of the problems that can happen in a boat that sits for a few months for a year. If you have only 2 hours free, it is nice to have the option to get out for some stress relief.

Of course, an extra $1,600 in your pocket is nice too
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #6
RedSledTeam
Daddeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveooo View Post
Congrats on the little one. If you are not desperate for cash, and the only reason you are selling is due to lack of time because of baby, I'd keep it if at all possible.

Having a baby does cut into your fishing time A LOT! Ive heard it will get easier to score fishing time ( i just havent reached that stage yet ) The beauty of a kayak vs a boat, is that if you want to leave it sit for a few months, and then go take it out on the rare Saturday morning, you can do that relatively easy. The motor won't give you issues, you don't need to worry about old gas or any of the problems that can happen in a boat that sits for a few months for a year. If you have only 2 hours free, it is nice to have the option to get out for some stress relief.

Of course, an extra $1,600 in your pocket is nice too
Stevooo, I whole-heartedly agree x 100!!
RedSledTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:45 AM   #7
Raskal311

I held off for about two years to pickup the PA because we decided to have a baby during the same time I started looking into buying a hobie. I can tell you I probably would have paid anything to get out on the water for some alone time during that time. Especially if your kid has colic like mine. It does get much better at 3 months and 12 months so I would also keep if you don’t need the money. The one thing I don’t regret is getting rid of the Honda Shadow, too many close calls with all of the bad drivers in little Saigon.

Last edited by Raskal311; 04-04-2013 at 09:52 AM.
Raskal311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #8
CheapPelican

One of the first thaings you'll want to do, when your baby is old enough, is take them out on the water. That time will come real quick, then you'll wish you still had the yak. The tank well is a perfect place for a toddler seat.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:10 AM   #9
TJones

Very creative C P

TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:08 AM   #10
dmrides

Steveooo, that is some sound advice. However. I have noticed that when I don't get out much, my motor has some strange issues. And my wife always has something to say about my old gas.

But I digress. Whitedog, unless you are pressed for the cash or need the space for the BOB, the Bumbo or all the other baby stuff, I would say keep it. Somehow you will find time, and trust me even if you only get out twice in the next 6 months, you will be glad you hung on to it.

If you do end up selling it, that is a great deal. Somebody is going to be super stoked!
dmrides is offline   Reply With Quote