Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2009, 06:15 PM   #1
nunyabizness1
Maggie

Beat Charlie Moore - Report for Raffman55

Raffman55 (Tom) challenged the Beat Charlie Moore show to an event filmed at San Diego Bay this past week which will be aired on ESPN at a future date. Tom needed a kayaker to paddle a tandem kayak for one of the cameramen to ride along and film the show. He allowed me to be the one to paddle the cameraman around for the day! As my kayak is not a tandem kayak, OEX Point Loma (Brent) offered the use of one of OEX's rentals for this event. Thank you so much Brent and thanks CJ for helping out with this too!

I was a bit worried about manuerving the yak around on my own carrying this cameraman who I had never met before and expected a big guy to show! Well as luck would have it, I got paired with Rusty, the cameraman who told me he went on the Biggest Loser show the night before to make it easy on me for paddling him around! I was very pleased with how easy the yak was for paddling. It seemed much easier than my own yak for some reason or maybe it was the adrenaline I had on this exciting day?

At the end of the fishing we made our way home and Charlie decided to race us back to the shore. We paddled so hard and I was laughing so hard trying desperately not to let him beat me to shore. You have to stay tuned for the airing of the show to hear that story! I am still grinning ear to ear remembering the day and this was not even my event! So on that note, I will lead you to Tom's post and the pictures I took of the day!

p.s. Charlie Moore is really a very cool guy and I thoroughly enjoyed being included in the event! Pay no attention to Tom's comment that I terrified the cameraman! I seem to have that effect on some men! lol

Tom's report:

Met up with Charlie and his crew on Wednesday 10 AM @ SI. Tony Gilbert supplied his boat, OEX loaned us a tandem for another cameraman, Maggie B. piloted the that one, Tommy G. hooked us up with Unibutter and we made our way to the launch. No one in Charlie's group had been in a SOT, so the launch was quite fun. After Maggie terrified the cameraman, we made our way across the channel. Current was ripping, and I was moving while charlie seemed to be sitting still. This continued ALL afternoon. I threw everything I had in the tackle box for ZILCH,ZIP,NADA,NOTHING!!! Charlie ended the day with 6 total including a sculpin, some sandies and spotties. Could not have asked for a finer day or a finer bunch of people to be around. Charlie was hilarious and a real good sport, one of the funniest days I've ever spent on the water. Now because of my severely inept computer skills I'll have to ask Maggie to transfer some pics here for you to see. Ended the trip with dinner at Donavan's in La Jolla, unbelievable! Charlie seemed to have a great time and I think we put on pretty entertaining show. I'll let you know when it airs. Thanks for all those that helped out, this could not have happened with you folks. Tom
Attached Images

nunyabizness1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:18 PM   #2
nunyabizness1
Maggie

rest of the pics

here are more pics...
Attached Images

nunyabizness1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:35 PM   #3
Rik
OEX Oceanside

Rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:12 PM   #4
Dennis

Good job Raffman. Beat Charlie Moore is a funny show.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:38 PM   #5
FishSeeker

looks like a great time on the water