Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2009, 10:41 AM   #1
FISHIONADO

California fishing licenses available online

www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/ols/intro.html

"The online purchasing option will make it more convenient for our customers to enjoy California’s diverse recreational fishing opportunities," said John McCamman, Chief Deputy Director. "Anyone who has access to the Internet and a printer can get a license 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and be on their way to fish minutes after logging on.

All resident and non-resident licenses, both annual and short-term, and selected stamps can be purchased at www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/ols/intro.html. The purchaser will be able to print out a one-day or two-day license, or a temporary annual license. Non-residents can also purchase a 10-day license. All licenses purchased online and printed are valid; annual license purchasers will receive a permanent license in the mail within 10 days. All purchases may be made using Visa or MasterCard.

The stamps available for online purchase are the Second Rod Stamp (only needed for inland waters), a Sport Fishing Ocean Enhancement Stamp, and Bay Delta Enhancement Stamps. Report cards must still be obtained from one of the 1,800 authorized license agents throughout the state or at local DFG license sales offices.

Fishing licenses are still available for purchase from authorized license agents. The cost is the same whether purchased online or from an agent. All licenses purchased online or from an agent must be displayed above the waist and be clearly visible while fishing. Licenses will include a security code that will be decipherable by wardens in the field.

Last edited by FISHIONADO; 05-27-2009 at 10:41 AM. Reason: formatting problems
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:41 PM   #2
SanDogSWO
Junior

Wow, DFG is finally making small steps toward the 21st century.

I've been able to purchase hunting and fishing licenses (and stamps) online in my home state of Illinois as well as other states I've been stationed in or hunted/fished in for at least the past 4 to 5 years. I know CA DFG has been working on making this happen for a couple years and seems to be almost there. I wonder why it has taken so long for such a supposedly tech savy state to catch up?
Old 05-27-2009, 01:05 PM   #3
Dan

cool link Dave. 'bout time they learned how to use the interweb and the google.

now if we can get them to create a slot limit for T sharks we'd be totally hip.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote