Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 06-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #21
SDROB
Malibu Stealth 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gattonlaw View Post
Why do I always see replies to this "Dark Horse" writer that are so obsequious? He is apparently a good fisherman but not nearly as profound as the replies unilaterally state. I enjoy kayak fishing tremendously--but do not respect syncophants.
There's always a hater in the crowd! 1st post and your hating! Thats Weak!!!

Great Report like always Josh I love reading them! Inspiring and Always on point keep um coming!

Im almost ready to send you that PM!

Cheers!
SDROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #22
driftwood

Quote:
Why do I always see replies to this "Dark Horse" writer that are so obsequious? He is apparently a good fisherman but not nearly as profound as the replies unilaterally state. I enjoy kayak fishing tremendously--but do not respect syncophants.
Is that all you have to say after Josh's insightful comments?
Your churl cretin cur like comments are insulting. Therefore, I find you in contempt!

I'm not a lawyer, but I play one in the internet...Man I sound smart!

Enough of this malignity!

Nice write up Josh.
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #23
RedSledTeam
Daddeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood View Post
Your churl cretin cur like comments are insulting. Therefore, I find you in contempt!

Nice write up Josh.
Sounds very amusing if you read this out loud with a Sou' Caro' linah Ax sent!!
RedSledTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #24
THE DARKHORSE

well, this thread kind of took a turn.

The good news? At least we found the guy in the Parker...

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood View Post

Nice write up Josh.
Thanks, Gabe. That's some funny stuff!

And bellcon (Don to anyone who actually goes fishing) remind me to never get on your bad side. Not only because you're seven feet tall, 300 lbs of pure muscle, with Lobster cracking hands. You also have an incredible way with words. Without trying to impress anyone with your vocabulary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBMONEY View Post
There's always a hater in the crowd! 1st post and your hating! Thats Weak!!!

Great Report like always Josh I love reading them! Inspiring and Always on point keep um coming!

Im almost ready to send you that PM!

Cheers!
Whenever you're ready, Rob. Much respect to anyone who pounds away for a few seasons before taking that step towards, more consistent results. If anything, those are the clients who can really appreciate what my service provides. After wasting, literally, thousands and thousands of hours doing the wrong things at the right times, no one, and I mean no one, can relate better than I. As long as you have a few thousand hours to spare the journey is really what it's all about.

Especially if you do one thing: really, really pay attention to when you have blank trips and make a conscious effort to figure out why. Otherwise, they're just hours floating on a piece of plastic; soaking up the solitude a kayak provides. Which is often the case.

Just realize in this personal journey that there's always something that 'could have been done'. Always. The analogy I like to use is when you're playing a game of Billiards (pool to you common clay of the land). You always have a shot. No matter the circumstance. If you don't think so try playing with a professional pool player. When you think you have them Pigeon-holed with your weak safety attempt (and rise up out of your seat thinking you're about to get back on the table)---they'll just show you their five rail bank shot! The laser-beam they were hiding in their pocket the whole time comes out. And in my case, when I played Jeanette Lee (a.k.a. The Black Widow!), I sheepishly sat back down and took a sip of my beer. It's a real eye-opener what can be done. That I can assure you.

In summary: La Jolla and I aren't going anywhere---I'll leave the light on for 'ya.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:50 PM   #25
RobFish
Massive Member

Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Mammalia
Order: Perissodactyla
Family: Equidae
Genus: Equus
Subgenus: Asinus
Species: E. africanus
Subspecies: E. a. asinus

aka...gattonlaw.

As already stated, nice first post.
Envy is a stinky cologne.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #26
Drake

Quote:
This made me chuckle. "Apparently"

Where the hell was this guy when I was studying for my GMAT exam?
Old 06-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #27
pl1502
Junior

Darkhourse this is the Parker

This is me from the parker. I am a born and raised loc my family has been fishing in sd since the 20's. I just had some words for you to let u know how all the real locs feel. My buddy said u tried to clown me from this form. That day I had a 30 lb yellow and two butts over 25 bud. I fish from 100 miles south to north and spend 5 days a week on the water. I watched u sit on my good buddy's stern this winter and pouch our seabass bite. Classic then u had the balls to post it. unreal. Look yourself in the mirror goon. Ill see u on the water in the over crowded zone LJ. Sad LJ use to be special and the last 15 years it has turned into a joke. I can gaurentee you I have caught more fish this month than u will all year.
pl1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:45 PM   #28
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
pl1502 does that mean you are commercial or just way over limit? You are right it is none of my business.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:34 PM   #29
captnblood34

With all the different niches that humans have in the world, it is peculiar to see the disgust one has for another so similar to himself. Fish on
captnblood34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #30
ZUMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl1502 View Post
This is me from the parker. I am a born and raised loc my family has been fishing in sd since the 20's. I just had some words for you to let u know how all the real locs feel. My buddy said u tried to clown me from this form. That day I had a 30 lb yellow and two butts over 25 bud. I fish from 100 miles south to north and spend 5 days a week on the water. I watched u sit on my good buddy's stern this winter and pouch our seabass bite. Classic then u had the balls to post it. unreal. Look yourself in the mirror goon. Ill see u on the water in the over crowded zone LJ. Sad LJ use to be special and the last 15 years it has turned into a joke. I can gaurentee you I have caught more fish this month than u will all year.

ZUMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #31
Drake

Coming from someone who has fished for 20 years this shit is mind boggling to me. I grew up surf fishing with my dad and my brothers on the east coast. We knew nothing about fishing and never caught a thing, but we did it because it brought us together.

Five years ago, while living in Boston I got my first kayak. It's been two years in San Diego now and the comparisons between the two coasts and the communities are polar opposites. Why is everyone always beating their chests? Who here really has the right to claim LJ as their own?

There are bullies, there are big egos, newbies and the kind of people you would want by your side if something went wrong, all mixed into the big community we are all a part of by choice.

What the hell happened to fishing being a relaxing calm sport?
What happened to people being happy for other people?

It's just fish. Yeah it's delicious, but in the end it's just a sport and we do it to get away from the daily grind.

Is fresh sashimi really worth fighting each other over? If so, you need to step back and have a long hard look at the type of person you are.

Does anyone here really fish recreationally to keep their family fed? Is this is a life line for you? If you skunk in LJ do your kids go hungry? If this is the case, then I truly feel sorry for you.

No one should have any power to remove the enjoyment from this over anybody else.

I'm not going to defend Josh, he's a grown man and can do so own his own just fine. But is a public outlet like the internet really the right setting to start a battle of right and wrong? Then, you can't even use proper spelling and grammar to formulate a proper insult, removing all credibility you could have potentially had. No body was "clowning" any body. Are you really that insecure?

Everyone needs to just take a deep breath and remember what is it we do and why we do it.

Last edited by Drake; 06-15-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #32
dorado50

Oh Great! Now we have ...."THE ANGRY PARKER GUY".
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:12 PM   #33
THE DARKHORSE

Now we really found him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl1502 View Post

Ah, yes, the beauty of localism.

The code of honor: If you're not born here you're clearly a lesser human than I. By my devine-right I stake claim to this four mile parcel of water. Even if I'm an Ocean Beach local---I stake claim to La Jolla, too! Never mind that tiny detail. It's mine---all mine! It's "our seabass bite" and our Yellowtail bite. It doesn't matter if you arrived here fist today. Our rockfishing spots; our waves!

And only, I, can some up within fifty yards of a sportboat to poach a Yellowtail off their chum-line. Not you. Your parents didn't choose to give berth here. Shame on you; filthy transient! You, sniveling, transplant petty kayaker, I'm going to roar my engines back and forth. Then back and forth some more over your fly-line. You'll learn. You'll see, my power, as I hit the throttle. I am powerful! Never mind my screams on the water suggesting weakness. I'm a local. Watch me. Back over the same group of fish; again and again I go!

While there may only be four boats out here, I'm a second generation local I tell you---I have skills that you don't possess. Just watch me make this one boat seem like fifty! Rah rah rah...:
Old 06-15-2013, 07:16 PM   #34
momo fish

ohh bloody decks..I mean hell... This is the wrong board for insults..
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #35
captnblood34

unsubscribed
captnblood34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #36
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Karma, guys karma! We all live fish in the same ocean, what swims it in visits us all. It is our church, where we commune. Karma, peace to all.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote