Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 10:12 AM   #1
madscientist

12/5 LJ AM, the carnage continues

Full report and pics later, but the bite is still on in a narrow window. I made an 11 point upgrade on a fat fish that was stuffed with squid. Two other big hookups, on a BSB that towed me around for a while before wrapping in a line, and the other probably a big shark that ran hard, turned and came up, then bit off the 50lb leader. Many weekday regulars out and I think they all caught.

You may have to keep working to hold your top 10 spot, Chris!
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 10:35 AM   #2
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Damn, I knew it, nothing is safe! :lol: Well, while 32 points (rounded up) is good, I am holding off posting WCW, I might develop a cold from work this week, or fish Sat, if they are around still. Maybe I will break Arne's record! :shock: yeah right! Glad to hear you guys got into them!

Chris
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 12:39 PM   #3
PlasticSkipper

Damn, I didn't accomplish enough at work this morning to justify not going fishing. Great job keeping the YT season alive. I keep hearing my PB friends talk about how the fishing sucked this year.... Yea, keep thinking that! :twisted:
PlasticSkipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 04:19 PM   #4
madscientist

Got down to the launch right on time, just with the first hint of light. Pat pulled up as I was ready to launch so I gave him the info from the last couple of days. Got out to my northern bait spot and grabbed a quick 8 or so greenies. Wanted more but the birds were looking interested in the spot, so I cutt he bait making short and turned on the turbo. Got over there right as the birds started doing their thing and a PBer goes bendo, so with bated breath I sent the first greenie down. Just got the second one down when the first one gets picked up. Swing of the rod and I'm hooked up. Fish goes on a tear and drags me a good 200yds, then turns around and goes back the way we came. Guess he got a cramp (shouldn't swim after you eat, and he was stuffed with squid) because once the second run was over it was a fairly quick series of events that had him on the end of the gaff. Not long (about 38") but FAT, went 28#.

Get the fish squared away, nice to have one on board before 7:00AM, and drop back down. Before the second rod is back down, this one is slammed. Takes a hard first run but then just stops.

I thought I was snagged on the bottom but then it starts moving again, definitely a big BSB. Fish tows me hard for a quarter mile, all the time I am unable to budge it off the bottom. Finally the fish goes to a pot and we tangle with something, though not the lobster line. Couldn't free it and eventually broke off. Oh well, hope the fish was okay. By now the bite is winding down. Just as we are going to call it a day, I am slammed again. This one goes screaming off, then turns and comes up at me, then the leader breaks. I think it was a big soupfin or other shark, not YT. Finally, as Pat and I are are mutual photobeyatching, one of my rods slowly loads up and gets pinned in the holder (forgot it was in gear). Struggle it out and fight this ugle critter up.

Pat warns me about the tail and after several attempts to dehook, I give up and cut it off.

Paddled in with Pat and got to work later than I ment to. Oh well, it was worth it. Last shot for me this week, some evening hooping will be it.

Cheers.

My photobeyatch.

And some guy that looks like an axe murderer, but who is keeping a low profile.

Old 12-05-2005, 04:56 PM   #5
katchfish
Paddle for Mahi

Brad, nice upgrade to first class!

Man I was Jones'n to be out there at the bitchen witchen hour. :roll:

Ken
katchfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 05:10 PM   #6
Iceman
Administrator

Nice Fatty Brad. Can not wait to get back out there. I would not mind an upgrade.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:34 PM   #7
madscientist

This is an amazing pattern we're in rigth now. Wonder how long it will hold?