Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 08-20-2008, 01:47 PM   #61
Zed
BANNED

Well, this took a turn.

Nice work handyman! You da man! Guess you're likin' the new boat?
You rode in CO, you know those saddle-sores go away, right? Congratz!

2:45 PM 08/20/08
You KNOW the pic request is in. You get 72hrs.
Zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:02 PM   #62
dorado50

At 56 myself ,I would and could make this journey in a heartbeat. I would bring pleanty of water, a pfd, compass, and a flashlight. An experienced seaman (such as Josh is) knows about wind and currents, swell directions,drift , etc...and even star navigation thus increasing the odds of survival. With this needed knowledge and the above items survival is an afterthought, I want that yft!! ps. there are two sides to every story than theres the truth, I think I know it. My quote for the day " take risks not to escape life but to prevent life from escaping"....
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:27 PM   #63
Handymansd
Ancient Member

Ask and ye shall receive:

I also have the point to point log to show speeds depth time, true heading, etc. I do not need to lie, Josh. This is supposed to be something people do for fun. This is not the first time you have had really nasty things to say to people on this board. I had given you the benefit of not having heard these things from you myself and I base my judgments of people on my own personal experiences with them. This time I have to say I was way wrong.I am not the greatest fisherman, nor the greatest paddler / peddler. Nor even the best fish story teller, I am guilty of exaggerating the facts sometimes as I think we all are to some degree. But I have caught some big fish I am proud of, I go on many mothership and guided trips, I spend a very large amount of money for this hobby. I enjoy the time I do get to spend on the water; as it is at the cost of time with my family. Having you around me is unfortunate, as I try to surround myself with people I can trust.

Having said that, I will no longer give any business directly or indirectly to your "Sponser", Fastlane Sailing, as I will not support anything that has the non-family values attached to it that your attitude does. They could have gotten their value better for sponsoring a "no fish team" member!

Good luck with the rest of your fishing endeavors, and I hope they don't get anyone hurt! So please... talk crap, mouth off, post away, whatever... but stay away from me on the water or off with that attitude. 'nough said
Handymansd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:58 PM   #64
dgax65
Guerro Grande

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handymansd View Post
Ask and ye shall receive:

Having said that, I will no longer give any business directly or indirectly to your "Sponser", Fastlane Sailing, as I will not support anything that has the non-family values attached to it that your attitude does. They could have gotten their value better for sponsoring a "no fish team" member!
WTF? How did I get dragged into this? I'd be offended if I wasn't so stoked about the possibility of a sponsorship.lol oh yeah
Old 08-20-2008, 03:13 PM   #65
esdees
The Good Clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgax65 View Post
WTF? How did I get dragged into this? I'd be offended if I wasn't so stoked about the possibility of a sponsorship.lol oh yeah
"no fish team" not "team no fish." They're actually out of Normandy. Let the rivalry begin!

Nice GPS trail, Chuck!
esdees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 03:29 PM   #66
dorado50

Holy crap !, yea that is a long ways!! On second thought, I think I'll mothership it...
Old 08-20-2008, 03:42 PM   #67
dgax65
Guerro Grande

Quote:
Originally Posted by esdees View Post
"no fish team" not "team no fish." They're actually out of Normandy. Let the rivalry begin!
Team No Fish will always catch fewer fish than those Norman punks. We have a reputation to uphold.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:13 PM   #68
metalbob
King of Constipation

nice long paddle/peddle! good for you, I wanna hear about the yft

mb
metalbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 04:57 PM   #69
DESTROYER

I was super reluctent to post a reply or even be a part of this thread all together. I am going to play peace maker here so bare with me. What's the purpose guys of bashing others on the computer? We are all fisherman and we all kayak do the love of it. Far fetch stories and tall tales have always been a part of a fisherman's lifestyle. The fish that got away is always bigger than the one landed. How many times have you heard, "you should have been here yesterday"? We may not all get along and we may not all agree with each others meathods of fishing but thats what make each one of us individuals. I've met just about every single one of you that post on BWE and I got to say that non of you are bad people. If I was an outsider looking in, post like this and the ones earlier this year would turn me off of kayak fishing. These post are a misrepresentation of the sport. I think that most of it is. Brent obviously runs this web-site and I'm sure the last thing he wants is a pissing match on an open forum, we're as bad as girls. Many of us look to this website to gain information, read stories to pass time at work, and to see if the bite is going off. Many of us have wives and kids and live through reading your stories because we can't get out more than once a week. I think that whatever happened on the water between Josh and Chuck is between Josh and Chuck. Many of you might not think much of what I have to say, but I think the best meathod of calling others out is in a PM or too their face. I've read this thread and I found it amusing just like a childhood fight in the school yard, but then I started to feel angey because of where this is heading. Brent has worked hard to try to get all the kayak manufactures to come together and some of us have been lucky enough to representatives of those manufactures. I'm no but I think we can all keep the mud slinging to a minimum! My 2 Cents!

TL-Matt Moyer
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:47 PM   #70
Grego

Excuse me just for a second, just gotta be able to say I was a part of this thread for future "on the water" talk. Thanks, carry on.

p.s. Hi Chuck
Grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:21 PM   #71
THE DARKHORSE

Well said, Matt.

I couldn't agree more, and have nothing but respect for Brent, OEX, BWE, and all the moderators that work very hard.

No lashing out here, as I've learned from my mistakes. For the record, I've never, just come on the internet and said nasty things about anyone. I'm guilty of "responding" in a very poor fashion, I openly admit that, as it's the truth. A "knee jerk reaction" that I apolagized for, and again, I'm truly sorry.

Now for the Handyman : First off, big time congrats on the YFT, I told you it was a matter of time, and I'm truly stoked for you, if you caught one. Just like I would be if Brad or anyone else caught one, that's a true kayak trophy.

Like I said, no lashing out here, I learn from my mistakes. Chuck, you are the one who chose the route of "defaming my character on the internet", "instead of saying anything on the water," anything. How about a phone call (you have my number), an e-mail, or going with the popular P.M. method, all would of worked great.

This post of yours is nothing more than a psycho attempt to put a few needles in my voodoo doll. For the life of me, I have no idea what you are so upset about, again you said nothing on the water, and this wasn't the first time we shared the pond. We have shot P.M.'s back and forth for quite a while, I've openly shared valuable information that you were able to capitalize on, and helped you any way I could. You have my phone #, e-mail, and the option of P.M., yet you chose to "attack me on the internet", classy.

I distinctly remember, running out in waste deep water in the dark a month ago, to help you with a yardsale in 18" surf, and dragged your kayak up on the sand, to help you out. I distinctly remember showing concern, and helping you look for a rod and reel two weeks ago (different situation), even though I was losing precious time during an "early bite", to help you out. I also spent time in the afternoon (checking the gps #'s), even though I was sunburnt to a crisp, to try and help you out. I had a friend snorkel there in the early morning, successfuly talking him out of going to the cove, to help you out. For what? I never expected anything from you, I would of done the same for anyone. What did I have to gain from my actions?

My family and I are very tight also, and you and I have never discussed family values, nor have I expressed any actions to prove otherwise, so again, please don't lie (especially on the internet). Saying these kind of lies, with absolutely nothing to back it up, is a new level of low, even for you, Chuck.

Then, when I didn't think you could stoop any lower, you throw a curve ball. Bringing Fastlane into this is the only reason for my reply, as otherwise, I know the original post is 100% true, the entire play by play, with no reason to defend it from the haters. But, to make an attempt to bring harm directly or indirectly to the Lane family, is a whole nother level.
Without a doubt, the most honest, genuine, strong family, I have ever met. Truly inspiring people, with golden souls, who's reputation precedes themselve's as local royalty. I'm only aware of your one purchase (bait tank) from them, that you successfully returned for a full refund. Then you chose to post about the terrible design and your disgust, poor.

As far as being sponsored, I'm not sure what it takes to qualify. They never gave me a penny to speak highly of Hobie or Fastlane. Everything positive I've said about them is 100% my honest opinion, I just say it like it is. They basically let me barrow them, and test ride at will. I liked the kayak so much I was simply hesitant to bring it back, and if I had to, I would buy one full price, I love them. From anyone I know that has done business with them, the story is the same. I hear awesome testimonials of service, from people I've never met, that makes me proud to be associated with them.

Last edited by THE DARKHORSE; 08-20-2008 at 11:20 PM.
THE DARKHORSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:29 PM   #72
screaming reel
Banned

Send a message via AIM to screaming reel
Soap opera drama, sounds like what I hear everyday at high school
(usually between the girls, different issues though). I remember meeting you Josh awhile ago and asked you if you posted on the kayak sites on the web, you pretty much slammed the sites and said proudly that you never posted on those sites. Then I started reading your posts soon after. Good Posts by the way! But kind of a strange transformation. From anti webfisher to master webfisher? What?

Moyer says it well - whatever happened between you two out there is between you both. The only problem though, is that you made this public and both of you started whining about you experience, and each other.
Fun! good entertainment, great journey. Don't take yourselves toooooooo serrious guys!

Plenty of fish right now to go around.

Handymaid I think you are a little harsh on words, but Josh you come across as arrogant.

Do you really want to catch a YFT or Dorado. Or is it because you really want to say you caught a YFT or Dorado.

I heard Kayak Fishing is going to be in the 2012 Olympics, maybe it can be settled there.

Enjoy it while you still can - People
screaming reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:20 PM   #73
Dan W.

Congrats on the YFT and the awesome paddle! Do you have any pics of the fish?
Dan W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:35 PM   #74
Rusty

This is like Jerry F'n Springer online. My wife read this post and now I can't go fish the 9 on my yak.. She thinks I'm gonna come home in a body bag. I've got enough YFT on the sporties that I don't really care to get one on the yak unless its a personal best anyway, and I doubt it would be coming from the 9. The only reason I would do it is to say I did it anyway. Over it.

Chuck - That is bad ass !!! Congrats... Well deserved.

Josh - You'll get yours soon, no doubt.

Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:47 AM   #75
Shorty

Well this started out as one of the most amazing trip reports i have seen, never thought by the end of it i would have to call Super Nanny to bring the naughty chairs over

Still an amazing trip,,i hope you get that VHF and EPIRB soon Josh

Highly respected member of T.A.A
(Tackle Addicts Annonymous)
Shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:03 PM   #76
El Burro Blanco
Junior

Seems like arrogance and LJ fishing guides go hand in hand. Must be a requirement to get the commercial launch permit.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:22 PM   #77
dorado50

You missed the party about two days ago, but at least you did show up! Thanks for the report...
Old 08-21-2008, 03:07 PM   #78
El Burro Blanco
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
You missed the party about two days ago, but at least you did show up! Thanks for the report...
Why do you always post right after I do? Does my ass turn you on?
Old 08-21-2008, 09:01 PM   #79
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

In the ocean depths off Madagascar, obsolete fish
keep their laggard appointments. In the depths of the
human mind, obsolete assumptions go their daily rounds.
And there is little difference between the two, except
that the fish do no harm.
- Robert Ardrey, 1908 -1980
The Territorial Imperative

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:25 AM   #80
reddog

cant we all get along
reddog is offline   Reply With Quote