Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2014, 10:15 AM   #21
yakjoe
Senior Member
 
yakjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 127
cool halibut rat trap set up to easy san pedro port all their is is halibut I use one hook landed 7 halibut on 12 pound leader 17 sea bass 20 pound go that rought lets see the videos better fight more of a challenge
yakjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:39 AM   #22
ful-rac
Emperor
 
ful-rac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Buena Park
Posts: 3,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakjoe View Post
cool halibut rat trap set up to easy san pedro port all their is is halibut I use one hook landed 7 halibut on 12 pound leader 17 sea bass 20 pound go that rought lets see the videos better fight more of a challenge

So joe your saying that we have been doing it all wrong this whole time!? And the video is not up to your high standards...?

Thanks for raising the bar so high joe! Now I have something to reach for.
__________________
There's nothing colder than yesterday's hotdog.
ful-rac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:42 AM   #23
jorluivil
King of all Emperors
 
jorluivil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: With Your Ex In Your Ex-Apt
Posts: 6,715
Maybe Joe can be our Cabrillo guide...........can't believe I've been doing it wrong this whole time.
__________________


www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:42 AM   #24
TheBentRod
Senior Member
 
TheBentRod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
So joe your saying that we have been doing it all wrong this whole time!? And the video is not up to your high standards...?

Thanks for raising the bar so high joe! Now I have something to reach for.
Show Tony your video Joe!
TheBentRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:38 AM   #25
theluckypig
Senior Member
 
theluckypig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: 2 minutes from the sewer...
Posts: 634
"change dingler" Hahahaha... crack me up...
theluckypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:03 PM   #26
yakjoe
Senior Member
 
yakjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 127
we fish the open waters just got my go pro video to be up this year you fish the port I fish their many time in my younger days I fish with the bay tubers just saying rat traps to easy dont you like more of challeng(ONE SHOT ONE KILL) DID YOU SEE ME IN THE WESTEN OUT DOORS MAG SHORT BIT IT WAS CALL i LANDED 42 LEAGLES IN MY FLOAT TUBE IN ARE HARBOR HALIBUT ALL DAY LONG WE CATCH ARE OWN BAIT AS WELL LIVE SQUID TO SARDENS OPEN WATERS
COME DOWN ARE WAY LETS SEE YOU FISH OPEN WATERS
yakjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:26 PM   #27
rhyak
Senior Member
 
rhyak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Central Coast
Posts: 394
Watch the Gav Coast dry up this year with no squid showing and see this guys numbers and there TEAM heading to new waters. OHH yeah 100 bucks to join there team...
__________________
Team Central Coast Kayak Fishing



rhyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:40 PM   #28
GregAndrew
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,321
Just when I have run out of popcorn!!!

Joe, there are so many things wrong with what you have said that I would not even know where to start correcting you. I hope you have been drinking?
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:09 PM   #29
yakjoe
Senior Member
 
yakjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 127
no their is still lots and lots of squid just look at me pic s they talk for me all open waters just in vite they want come we go down to leo carillo some times and how did you find out about gav rhyak can you tell the fellas. this is fun sea bass still coming in thick big ones most all in the 50 -60 pound rang the paddle is about 2 half hours one way thats how we do it
yakjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:16 PM   #30
ful-rac
Emperor
 
ful-rac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Buena Park
Posts: 3,651
halibut all day long huh...?

This is getting good...what else you got joe?

What other amazing feats do you have to add to your already impressive resume'?
__________________
There's nothing colder than yesterday's hotdog.
ful-rac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:29 PM   #31
jorluivil
King of all Emperors
 
jorluivil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: With Your Ex In Your Ex-Apt
Posts: 6,715
Joe, are you using Google Voice?




Quote:
Originally Posted by yakjoe View Post
cool halibut rat trap set up to easy san pedro port all their is is halibut I use one hook landed 7 halibut on 12 pound leader 17 sea bass 20 pound go that rought lets see the videos better fight more of a challenge
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakjoe View Post
we fish the open waters just got my go pro video to be up this year you fish the port I fish their many time in my younger days I fish with the bay tubers just saying rat traps to easy dont you like more of challeng(ONE SHOT ONE KILL) DID YOU SEE ME IN THE WESTEN OUT DOORS MAG SHORT BIT IT WAS CALL i LANDED 42 LEAGLES IN MY FLOAT TUBE IN ARE HARBOR HALIBUT ALL DAY LONG WE CATCH ARE OWN BAIT AS WELL LIVE SQUID TO SARDENS OPEN WATERS
COME DOWN ARE WAY LETS SEE YOU FISH OPEN WATERS
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakjoe View Post
no their is still lots and lots of squid just look at me pic s they talk for me all open waters just in vite they want come we go down to leo carillo some times and how did you find out about gav rhyak can you tell the fellas. this is fun sea bass still coming in thick big ones most all in the 50 -60 pound rang the paddle is about 2 half hours one way thats how we do it
__________________


www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:35 PM   #32
yakjoe
Senior Member
 
yakjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 127
Is this a spelling B or a fish off let the pic talk did you for get this last year was my first year kayaking as well just look just look open waters open waters much diffrent then ports at work keys not that good only have few sec to type out having funnnnn
yakjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:06 PM   #33
ful-rac
Emperor
 
ful-rac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Buena Park
Posts: 3,651
Open waters are too scary!

Aren't you afraid of sharks?!!!
__________________
There's nothing colder than yesterday's hotdog.
ful-rac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:16 PM   #34
rhyak
Senior Member
 
rhyak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Central Coast
Posts: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Open waters are too scary!

Aren't you afraid of sharks?!!!
SHARK EVERYONE PADDLE FASTER...

Word is there is a wide open seabass and YT bite inside MDR as we speak. Got a 30lber yesterday, I mean it's no open water fish. Haha

I think this thread got hacked. haha
__________________
Team Central Coast Kayak Fishing



rhyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:16 PM   #35
StinkyMatt
Senior Member
 
StinkyMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Under a bridge
Posts: 2,168
These harbor fishing guys......


I would like to learn to fish the open water with you Joe. Let me know when we can meet up, always looking for new, more challanging techniques to fish with.


PM me and let me know when we can fish together.

Matt
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:19 PM   #36
jorluivil
King of all Emperors
 
jorluivil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: With Your Ex In Your Ex-Apt
Posts: 6,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Open waters are too scary!

Aren't you afraid of sharks?!!!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

And you go at night? Aren't you afraid of the dark?
__________________


www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:22 PM   #37
jorluivil
King of all Emperors
 
jorluivil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: With Your Ex In Your Ex-Apt
Posts: 6,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakjoe View Post
Is this a spelling B or a fish off let the pic talk did you for get this last year was my first year kayaking as well just look just look open waters open waters much diffrent then ports at work keys not that good only have few sec to type out having funnnnn

Since you asked

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...highlight=2014
__________________


www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:47 PM   #38
alanw
Made in U.S.A.
 
alanw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dana Point
Posts: 1,624
Yea what's up with these guys yanking up #30 fish with #65 braid not much more than 15 minutes paddle from the shore
__________________
Hobie PA 14 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
Jackson Kraken ¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
Malibu X-Factor ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>


Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:08 PM   #39
TheBentRod
Senior Member
 
TheBentRod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakjoe View Post
we fish the open waters just got my go pro video to be up this year you fish the port I fish their many time in my younger days I fish with the bay tubers just saying rat traps to easy dont you like more of challeng(ONE SHOT ONE KILL) DID YOU SEE ME IN THE WESTEN OUT DOORS MAG SHORT BIT IT WAS CALL i LANDED 42 LEAGLES IN MY FLOAT TUBE IN ARE HARBOR HALIBUT ALL DAY LONG WE CATCH ARE OWN BAIT AS WELL LIVE SQUID TO SARDENS OPEN WATERS
COME DOWN ARE WAY LETS SEE YOU FISH OPEN WATERS
Joe - What's "OPEN WATERS" vs closed waters? Is this to do with MLPA or SCMA? I'm confused, can you help a brother out?
TheBentRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:56 PM   #40
jorluivil
King of all Emperors
 
jorluivil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: With Your Ex In Your Ex-Apt
Posts: 6,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakjoe View Post
we fish the open waters just got my go pro video to be up this year you fish the port I fish their many time in my younger days I fish with the bay tubers just saying rat traps to easy dont you like more of challeng(ONE SHOT ONE KILL) DID YOU SEE ME IN THE WESTEN OUT DOORS MAG SHORT BIT IT WAS CALL i LANDED 42 LEAGLES IN MY FLOAT TUBE IN ARE HARBOR HALIBUT ALL DAY LONG WE CATCH ARE OWN BAIT AS WELL LIVE SQUID TO SARDENS OPEN WATERS
COME DOWN ARE WAY LETS SEE YOU FISH OPEN WATERS

hOW HOURs DiD IT tAKE TO CaTch 42 LeAGLES?
__________________


www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 2002 Big Water's Edge. All rights reserved.