Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2014, 10:02 AM   #21
Hunter (The 80's Man)
Senior Member
 
Hunter (The 80's Man)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Riverside
Posts: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
Let's see here.

One guy gets cut after having a knife fight
another guy is drifting at sea with no rudder
there was a kayak search and rescue mission
Someone was attacked by a pack of wild dogs


good times.
you forgot:

Sleeping in a ring of fire
The best all-time Baja lure... (MAN BAIT)
Bringing down the thunder stick
Ghetto-roasted marshmallows with propane torch
__________________
What's in YOUR hatch?

Hunter (The 80's Man) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:17 AM   #22
Zed
BANNED
 
Zed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: W of 5
Posts: 1,264
Nice campin trip.
Did you go fishin?
__________________
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a fish a man and he'll eat for a week.
Zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:29 AM   #23
makobob
Baitless on Baja
 
makobob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Posts: 4,246
Some people just know how to enjoy life, sounds like a great trip, sorry I had to miss it. Sounds like you guys had a ball, but have heard nothing about the catching. Baja fishing can be WORLD CLASS and we sometimes forget that t is not always great. Comoradary makes the trip, the quality fish are the BONUS. You guys
__________________
http://www.mako-ville.com

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:35 AM   #24
Chuck D
Senior Member
 
Chuck D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bay Park
Posts: 551
A little tidbit

What a blast down there with a pristine environment and some amazing people. Here is a small recap of some of the life I heard about/saw/caught down there, with more stories/videos to come...

Heard About:
Black Turd
Plate Turd
Ring of Fire
Ear Roach

Saw:
1 Whale Shark
10 Turtles
100's of jumping Bat Rays
2 Sidewinders
1 Mouse

Caught:
100's of Triggers
3 Barracuda
20 or so Bass Variety
1 Puffer Fish
1 Jack Crevalle
2 Leopard Grouper
6 Cabrilla
1 mystery Grouper
Foot
Chuck D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:37 AM   #25
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory
 
wiredantz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Under the Shadow
Posts: 2,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck D View Post
What a blast down there with a pristine environment and some amazing people. Here is a small recap of some of the life I heard about/saw/caught down there, with more stories/videos to come...

Heard About:
Black Turd
Plate Turd
Ring of Fire
Ear Roach

Saw:
1 Whale Shark
10 Turtles
100's of jumping Bat Rays
2 Sidewinders
1 Mouse

Caught:
100's of Triggers
3 Barracuda
20 or so Bass Variety
1 Puffer Fish
1 Jack Crevalle
2 Leopard Grouper
6 Cabrilla
1 mystery Grouper
Foot
what the heck, how did you catch a FOOT?
__________________


Team: OKFD
Dream big... Live Big.... Super Size it...

Last edited by wiredantz; 06-23-2014 at 10:48 AM.
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:30 PM   #26
Team Sewer
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 49
Please Welcome Our Newest Team Sewer Member

He was a little tipsy











Team Sewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:41 PM   #27
makobob
Baitless on Baja
 
makobob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Posts: 4,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sewer View Post
He was a little tipsy












Jim that Sewer shirt looks good on you, much better than the other "title" you wore. Definately a BIG step up.
__________________
http://www.mako-ville.com

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:45 PM   #28
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory
 
wiredantz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Under the Shadow
Posts: 2,289
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH that is a funny shirt!
__________________


Team: OKFD
Dream big... Live Big.... Super Size it...
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:25 PM   #29
StinkyMatt
Senior Member
 
StinkyMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Under a bridge
Posts: 2,168
Next trip:

Roller tip rod, 200 lb. spectra, wire leader.






Pro tip:

Saltwater is a great lubricant!
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:56 PM   #30
jorluivil
King of all Emperors
 
jorluivil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: With Your Ex In Your Ex-Apt
Posts: 6,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck D View Post
What a blast down there with a pristine environment and some amazing people. Here is a small recap of some of the life I heard about/saw/caught down there, with more stories/videos to come...

Heard About:
Black Turd
Plate Turd
Ring of Fire
Ear Roach

Saw:
1 Whale Shark
10 Turtles
100's of jumping Bat Rays
2 Sidewinders
1 Mouse

Caught:
100's of Triggers
3 Barracuda
20 or so Bass Variety
1 Puffer Fish
1 Jack Crevalle
2 Leopard Grouper
6 Cabrilla
1 mystery Grouper
Foot
For me:
just shy of 10 trigger fish
unlimited 2-3 lb spotted bay bass
busted off 4 times by a mystery fish in 100' of water
cut finger
bug in ear
woke up one night with a surprise sitting on a plate right in front of my Kamp-Rite
pulled into secondary inspection because someone decided to put their apples in my ice chest
best part of all was having Matt as my co-pilot.......................NOT!
__________________


www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:21 PM   #31
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant
 
rossman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bahia Asuncion
Posts: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
For me:
just shy of 10 trigger fish
unlimited 2-3 lb spotted bay bass
busted off 4 times by a mystery fish in 100' of water
cut finger
bug in ear
woke up one night with a surprise sitting on a plate right in front of my Kamp-Rite
pulled into secondary inspection because someone decided to put their apples in my ice chest
best part of all was having Matt as my co-pilot.......................NOT!
woke up one night with a surprise sitting on a plate right in front of my Kamp-Rite

Not sure what your surprise was but when I was there in May, I came in from a fishing session, I found that one of the camp dogs had taken a crap on top of one of my tackle bags. This things sits at least 10 inches off the ground. I would have paid money just to see how he got into position to do the deed. After giving it some more thought, and considering that I was there with the Iceman's posse, I guess I could give the dogs the benefit of this he doubt.
__________________
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:54 PM   #32
ful-rac
Emperor
 
ful-rac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Buena Park
Posts: 3,651
Yeah it was a blast down there. I have to admit I had my reservations about going down there....again, especially in june..... when I expected it to be crazy hot and windy... But it was pleasant! Really! We had an adventure and it was a great time, it's always a good time with team sewer!

Yeah we had some problems out there, got my truck stuck in the sand on the chuckD rescue mission...but we got it out, after a little digging. Rattlesnakes, going thru camp at night, dealing with the black bomber, broken rudderlines....it was all fun and did anybody mention the food?


An amazing time!
__________________
There's nothing colder than yesterday's hotdog.
ful-rac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:25 PM   #33
jorluivil
King of all Emperors
 
jorluivil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: With Your Ex In Your Ex-Apt
Posts: 6,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Yeah it was a blast down there. I have to admit I had my reservations about going down there....again, especially in june..... when I expected it to be crazy hot and windy... But it was pleasant! Really! We had an adventure and it was a great time, it's always a good time with team sewer!

Yeah we had some problems out there, got my truck stuck in the sand on the chuckD rescue mission...but we got it out, after a little digging. Rattlesnakes, going thru camp at night, dealing with the black bomber, broken rudderlines....it was all fun and did anybody mention the food?


An amazing time!
Well, lets see
Steak with grilled potato's
London broil with mushrooms, bell peppers and ??
Marinated chicken
grilled shrimp and scallops
burgers
pancakes
bacon and more bacon
hash browns
scrambled eggs
turkey sandwiches for lunch
I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton of things


Ironically, I got home weighing less than when I left. Since it was hot hot hot I guess my weight loss was all water

I can't remember the last time I drank 5 bottles of water while I was fishing.


I have over 300 pictures to go through so it'll be a while before I post them
__________________


www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:31 PM   #34
Dannowar
Senior Member
 
Dannowar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
Jim that Sewer shirt looks good on you, much better than the other "title" you wore. Definately a BIG step up.


Oh bob you joker,you
__________________
"Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you’ll suck forever." — Brian Wilson
Dannowar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:13 PM   #35
Cbad Mike
Senior Member
 
Cbad Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Carlsbad Ca.
Posts: 1,204
Sounds like you guys had another awesome adventure!!!
I'm looking forward to seeing the pics.
__________________
[SIGPIC]
Cbad Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:21 PM   #36
Cbad Mike
Senior Member
 
Cbad Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Carlsbad Ca.
Posts: 1,204
Hey Jim,
I hope your just drunkenly driving your invisible car and not holding up the fish you caught.
Attached Images
 
__________________
[SIGPIC]
Cbad Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:47 PM   #37
jorluivil
King of all Emperors
 
jorluivil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: With Your Ex In Your Ex-Apt
Posts: 6,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbad Mike View Post
Hey Jim,
I hope your just drunkenly driving your invisible car and not holding up the fish you caught.

Here's a pic of Jim holding up an invisible fish


__________________


www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:25 PM   #38
StinkyMatt
Senior Member
 
StinkyMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Under a bridge
Posts: 2,168
I was part of a 4 person train......





And.......





I enjoyed it a lot.............






I was in the middle!




I have some photos of this train action...........I may post them up.
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:05 PM   #39
romspacenut
Senior Member
 
romspacenut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 209
Dang it, how the heck did I end up in the front of the train!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyMatt View Post
I was part of a 4 person train......





And.......





I enjoyed it a lot.............






I was in the middle!




I have some photos of this train action...........I may post them up.
romspacenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:09 PM   #40
jorluivil
King of all Emperors
 
jorluivil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: With Your Ex In Your Ex-Apt
Posts: 6,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by romspacenut View Post
Dang it, how the heck did I end up in the front of the train!
I don't know but I'm glad I was in the rear.
__________________


www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 2002 Big Water's Edge. All rights reserved.